Primordial - To The Nameless Dead...what an intro to the band!!!!!

templeofmax

Aug 13, 2009
Decided to buy this one after listening to some stuff online! Listening to it right now! WHOA!!! Another PPUSA introduction for me. A perfect mixture of Doom, Black, Irish Folk, a little Death, a little Thrash, and Progressive overtones, with emphasis on the Doom part with double-bass drums! Like a progressive Irish My Dying Bride on steroids hooking up repeatedly with an otherwise very ´busy´ earlier and blacker Paradise Lost, having many children different to each other. WHATEVER, this album is fantastic!!!! :hotjump::hotjump::hotjump:

I think (hope) that Primordial is going to blow a lot of people away that might not be expecting it. There's a certain portion of the audience that just flat out won't enjoy anything with ties to the extreme metal realm, but the emotion and depth that these guys bring to their music and live performance can't be ignored.

I think, To The Nameless Dead , is the most accessible disc in their catalog. That's my favorite, and the one I would recommend to someone wanting to check them out. If you dig it then check out their latest. If you're still on board then work backwards in the catalog. Great live band ... Can't wait to see them on that glorious prog power stage !

Britt

I have the new one (I think!) Redemption At Puritans Hand and I still haven't gotten into it very much. The clips of them live look amazing, so I'm really looking forward to their set....but man that disc is depressing! There are parts I really like, but overall it just hasn't clicked for me yet.

I think (hope) that Primordial is going to blow a lot of people away that might not be expecting it.

I completely agree. I purchased their latest after listening to a clip from Glenn's list of "best of the year". Blown away... They should go great live in a setting like PP.

I've been listening to a few of their discs since the ProgPower announcement, and while the atmosphere and intensity is there right from the start IMO, it took me a while to get into, probably because of the "dense" production and the unusual vocal melodies (or sometimes lack thereof). I've been getting more into To The Nameless Dead and Redemption At The Puritan's Hand though, and everything I've heard suggests their live show is pretty intense.

I think, To The Nameless Dead , is the most accessible disc in their catalog. That's my favorite, and the one I would recommend to someone wanting to check them out. If you dig it then check out their latest. If you're still on board then work backwards in the catalog. Great live band ... Can't wait to see them on that glorious prog power stage !

Britt

Thanks for the recommendation - TTND will be my next purchase of their work. I have their latest, and really enjoy it when its turn comes round on the iPod. I have not yet run them by my ultimate arbiter of taste, my 8 year old headbanger.