Pro Tools 7.3 Upgrade

MetalWorks

Apr 19, 2007
Sacramento, CA
www.myspace.com
I have PT 6.9.1 for HD.

I am wondering if Upgrading to 7.3 will be more of a hastle than a bonus?

I have the HD3 Plugin pack as well as a few other plugs like PSP Vintage Warmer and T-Racks stuff.

If I upgrade to 7.3, will I have to download new versions and pay for them to upgrade to a 7.3 compatible plugins?

Or can I just install my old disc and run with it.

I have PT 6.9.1 for HD.

I am wondering if Upgrading to 7.3 will be more of a hastle than a bonus?

I have the HD3 Plugin pack as well as a few other plugs like PSP Vintage Warmer and T-Racks stuff.

If I upgrade to 7.3, will I have to download new versions and pay for them to upgrade to a 7.3 compatible plugins?

Or can I just install my old disc and run with it.

it's not much of a hassle at all. All the Digidesign/Digidesign Partner plugins can be downloaded off www.digidesign.com, and most other manufacturers have all the latest installers on their page. 7.3 is a pretty amazing version of protools, and trust me, you're gonna want 7.4 when they announce it at AES :)

Why why why why why would you say that?

Can you share some details?:)

nothing outside of what has been "announced" in digizine last month (WHICH WAS A MIsTAKE BY THE WAY!!!)...I signed a NDA.

But, as digizine said......Elastic audio...ala ableton live....except imagine being able to shift time as well as PITCH in the arrange window....Hopefully it'll make this release, but at the very least it'll be in 7.5 in january....

And if I had to "guess", I'd say theres a good change of 10 insert points being added....and some other goodies...