Pro Tools 7 LE / M-Powered

_RiseInside_

Sep 28, 2003
Portugal
i´ve been reading a lot about it and i´m pretty convinced that it still doesn´t have automatic plug-in delay compensation.

I was considering getting a UAD-1 for a pro-tools m-powered 7 windows xp rig but i´m not sure about that.

Universal audio has this compensation plug-in but i haven´t used it. It´s unchartered territory for me though i have an UAD-1 that works flawlessly with nuendo 3.0

at this moment i´m thinking about getting a native pack.

what do you think ?

I'm in the same situation as you, I just need protools to get some clients, and not have to refuse them, and I use nuendo 2 with a uad and it's solid. I thought they had delay compensation worked out a few versions ago.

Inner Light said:
I'm in the same situation as you, I just need protools to get some clients, and not have to refuse them, and I use nuendo 2 with a uad and it's solid. I thought they had delay compensation worked out a few versions ago.

i´m almost conviced that there´s no plug-in delay compensation.

universal audio offers a plug-in delay compensation for situations like this. The thing is in pro tools m-powered / LE one would have to use the fxpansion VST to RTAS adapter plus the plug-in compensation. I don´t know if it would work ok.

Inner - Is your Nuendo2/UAD-1 box a PC?

If so, what are your hardware specs and when do you start to feel the "squeeze" in terms of track count?

I am extremely close to ordering the $399 UAD-1 ProjectPak from Sweetwater.