Pro Tools "Music Production Toolkit" a go go

Feb 9, 2006
www.laruso.com
Hey guys,

Has anyone else seen this?

It's made my mind up for sure, i'm making the move! - i'm a MASSIVE fan of sx3 but recently after doing more work for "industry" I've descovered that protools is a necesarry evil to have in your studio... untill now i've always viewed it as a step backwards ... I guess this way i get to have both programs and use the benifits of each... also it goes nicely with my m-audio project i/o

hmmm..... muti track beat detective
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Digidesign is proud to introduce two new software toolkit options that can help you dramatically expand your music and post production capabilities. Take advantage of powerful plug-in collections, advanced editing tools, an increased track count, the Pro Tools MP3 Option, and much more

Music Production Toolkit ($495)
The Digidesign Music Production Toolkit includes a full range of professional music tools that expand the creative power of your Pro Tools LE™ or Pro Tools M-Powered™ system.

Professional plug-ins for creating and producing music, worth more than £2,000

Digidesign Hybrid high-definition synthesizer

TL Space™ Native Edition convolution reverb

Smack!™ LE compressor/limiter

SoundReplacer™ drum replacement tool

DINR™ LE intelligent noise reduction tool
Multi-track Beat Detective™ rhythm analysis and correction tool

Up to 48 mono or stereo tracks at up to 96 kHz*

Pro Tools MP3 Option

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

C \m/

"Up to 48 mono or stereo tracks at up to 96 kHz"

That sounds pretty cool. Can I get that without the compressor and stuff?

GET IT!! GET IT NOW!!! and laugh your ass of at how painfully bad cubase is for audio!!
midi still aint bad in cubum though,
but when you can have multitrack beat detective, tab to transient, quantize audio, strip silence and other such gems, who cares!

yeah man, cheers... i'm definatly gonna do it... for those exact reasons.... but i'll prolly still mix in sx unless i take things out to a hd studio for mixing, purly cos of freezing and the plugg in delay comp....

I got the uad and power core cards so it's gonna be a pain setting all the delay pluggs etc... gonna go for the focurite liquid (dsp) too

talking of "tab to transient"... why in the hell hasn't EVERYBODY done that with there DAW it really cant be hard!

C

dude its seriously not to hard to mix in le with the uads!!
we have 4 uads in the studio and 2 powercores,
there isnt automatic delay compensation granted, one of the very few things i dislike about tools le ... cant have it all though...
but all you have to do....(this is off the top of my head so forgive me if i'm wrong)
after loading all the plug ins you think you'll use,
Is to alt and apple (ctrl on pc i think)
click on the mixer below the faders where it normally shows
the peak volume in green writing in a black box, and it'll show you how many samples of latency that track is incuring due to the plug ins.

then note how many tracks are incurring the same ammount of latency.
go to the nudge settings at the top of the edit window,
set it samples and enter the ammount of samples it needs to be offset by

Then highlight the tracks that are incurring the same amount of latency and nudge them back by said ammount (usually 2096 samples) by pressing <. job done
takes 2 minutes!
enjoy tools, you mind and wrists will thank you

I would buy pro-tools for that beat detective alone.. but i dont have the proper PC for it, and im used to nuendo for now.. if things get more serious, then i will def. buy a mac with protools..

I&#180;ve got both nuendo and PT M-powered with Music Production Toolkit in the same PC. Works great!!. I use PT for drums (rec+editing) + the rest in nuendo cause I usually use more than 48 tracks in mix.

Viva la Metal

oh i see, nah, no way... we're talking LE and the new MPT... it's just they both have their things they are better at.....

Obviously PT HD Wins period I'm sure every one on this forum would do it if they could but when you have to make do with a native DAW i think the general consensous is that if you use them both you can get the best of both worlds...

i personally have no allegance to any software i'll just use whats the best for the job... if that's half and half for the time being then so be it!

C.

carl@laruso.com said:
oh i see, nah, no way... we're talking LE and the new MPT... it's just they both have their things they are better at.....

Obviously PT HD Wins period I'm sure every one on this forum would do it if they could but when you have to make do with a native DAW i think the general consensous is that if you use them both you can get the best of both worlds...

i personally have no allegance to any software i'll just use whats the best for the job... if that's half and half for the time being then so be it!

C.
Aah, thanks for clearing that up.

The only thing better that PT HD software would be Digital Performer because James says so.

yeah sorry, flinging some cubase hatred about!! lol! i'ma true 100% tools addict! cubum is definatly better for midi, but tools is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better for audio and editing.