Pro Tools 8...Whoa!

Kenny Lee

Oct 16, 2004
www.metallabs.com
Wow, it looks quite interesting! The new midi stuff is long over due!!! I'm happy in Logic, but for total audio editing..... Pro Tools kicks ass!

Check it out! What do you all think?
A few cool new things I think are::
Playlist view
Track comps
Haha... now LE has 48 tracks audio
With Production Toolkit you can now have 7.1 surround
10 plug-in inserts per track now!

Wow, it looks quite interesting! The new midi stuff is long over due!!! I'm happy in Logic, but for total audio editing..... Pro Tools kicks ass!

Check it out! What do you all think?
A few cool new things I think are::
Playlist view
Track comps
Haha... now LE has 48 tracks audio
With Production Toolkit you can now have 7.1 surround
10 plug-in inserts per track now!

actually with a 2000 dollar upgrade you can now get 128 tracks in LE.

That's great! I'm pumped about that. Fuck HD. :D

Yeah it's pretty awesome indeed....even for 2000 I'd almost think about buying it...

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CompleteTK/

128 tracks (I heard 128 busses too...which is LE's biggest problem next to ADC in my opinion), and they added the Digitranslator function too, so importing from cubase/logic will be so much easier (but not perfect at all). When you add up all the new DIGI instruments and Plugins (23 plugs/8 instruments) that come with PT 8 and the ones in this bundle..it's pretty good deal.

Woooooo!

Good to hear, thanks!

Anyone know if M-Powered and LE differ in any way other than M's intergration with their hardware? Track count and such are still the same?
-Joe

It still seems to me to be a better deal to buy Cubase for $600 or whatever it costs to get all the features pro tools still lacks.

Pro Tools needs to stick to what it is good at...audio. All this MIDI and score stuff is cool, but Digi is trying to make Pro Tools a program that is a jack of all trades but a master at none.

Well it's not like upping its MIDI capabilities is detracting from its audio strengths, but this pricing is absurd.

Well it's not like upping its MIDI capabilities is detracting from its audio strengths, but this pricing is absurd.

I realize that. I guess my point is that I think Digi is trying to do too much instead of focus on what they are really good at.

The add on package prices make me cringe. I think it is absurd to make consumers to pay for more tracks. No other DAW does that that I am aware of. I think SAWStudio has limited track count (correct me if I am wrong, Oz), but the other competitors, I think, are unlimited.

Adding 2000$ to have all the functions that every 400$ daw in the market already has......c'mon....

Oh I completely agree that compared to Logic/Cubase/Neundo it's pretty ridiculous. However, if you're like me and work in a studios that are PT only, and do editing for other people who use PT...you gotta have it.

I'm just glad they got away from the 32-48 track limit. It'll allow me to do more and more projects without having to make stems to make everything fit in one session.

I think the biggest things Digi has that (and I need to be corrected if I'm wrong here) the others don't are beat detective/tab to transient/ elastic time/pitch.

I think the biggest things Digi has that (and I need to be corrected if I'm wrong here) the others don't are beat detective/tab to transient/ elastic time/pitch.

Reaper has two of those fully implemented, and has some elements of beat detective also.

As does Cubase, Logic, and I think Sonar too.