Migrating to pro tools...

You dont get that many plugins, almost the same as LE, but you get them in TDM, and thats great. I found myself using the EQ III allot and the bombfactroy compressors as standard plugins oppose to Waves Q10 and RComp.
You also get more functions, like extended import session data, automation functions etc, and Beat D.

But you need to buy additional plugins for sure.

Cheers

I wish Pro Tools had a built in convolution reverb. I know there is TL Space, but that is not built in. I am wondering if the AIR plugins will soon overtake the Digirack stuff.

I just bought the new Digi 003 rack + factory (with 8 preamps) and i think it's an awesome interface.
Allows me to do my tracking and editing with Pro Tools 8 (for me the best audio editing sofware), and my mixing and mastering with Logic Pro 8 (ADC, nice plugins, unlimited tracks, freeze tracks option, etc). So i got better of both wordls IMHO.

Maybe in the future i would get an RME interface via ADAT as a primary A/D converter, and thus recording 16 simultaneous tracks

...maybe not the best deal for you, but works for me :)

I wish Pro Tools had a built in convolution reverb. I know there is TL Space, but that is not built in. I am wondering if the AIR plugins will soon overtake the Digirack stuff.

I think I've got two TL space TDM for sell....one went to James, I should have one left though.
I much prefer revibe though, sounds great IMO

So I guess the decision is to hold on for a bit, save up a little extra, and spring for the full out 192 HD core1 system.

Now the question is... whats the difference between the 192 and the 192 digital? aren't they both digital? confuses me.

they appear to both have some sort of strange serialish looking plugs on the back? I guess there's a special snake or something.

Either way I suppose it's a safe bet to just go with the regular 192.

192 digital doesn't have any analog inputs/outputs, whereas the 192 does! You still need a snake for the 192 standard, but while it has analog inputs/outputs at its ends, the 192 digital has various digital connection options (AES, SPDIF, TDIF etc.)

192 digital doesn't have any analog inputs/outputs, whereas the 192 does! You still need a snake for the 192 standard, but while it has analog inputs/outputs at its ends, the 192 digital has various digital connection options (AES, SPDIF, TDIF etc.)

ah I see. Regular 192 it is then! just gotta save up more $$$.

On another note, if you guys are after a good, affordable reverb check out the new 112dB Redline Reverb. Lots of great impressions so far. I've yet to use it on a mix. I bought Aether, but there's still room for more.

[UEAK]Clowd;8245230 said:
ah I see. Regular 192 it is then! just gotta save up more $$$.

or you could just save up for a Lynx Aurora 16, which is seen by Pro Tools as 2 192's. Just another option.