Pro tools mixing/workflow

krokit

Noisey B*****d
Dec 5, 2005
London
Just finished mixing 3 songs in PT 7.4. This time around I had 1 song per session, rather that having all the songs in the same session. Problem is, it took a lot longer than usual because after I had mixed the first song I had to save all of the plugin settings and channel volumes ect and then copy this into the next session for song 2, and then mix song 2 and then do the same for song 3 ect ect. Ill have to go through this routine again when I tweak the songs ready for mastering. When I have all the songs in the same session its so much quicker to mix (I used to use logic for a long time) but then there are cpu issues and track counts and other problems so 1 song per session is more convenient but so much slower! How are u guys getting around this?

Cheers

you want to save the session template for the 1st song, then load into the others...you can save either all of the plugins/settings from a certain mix, or just those that you think you want to duplicate on the others

you want to save the session template for the 1st song, then load into the others...you can save either all of the plugins/settings from a certain mix, or just those that you think you want to duplicate on the others

Im gonna check the refference manual right now, thanks colonel kurtz. :kickass: