Pro Tools Problems

bensnookes

Jun 4, 2006
I had M-Box Factory Bundle, which includes the Pro Tools Ignition 2.0 Pack, and 5 Plug ins included with the MBOX, also an iLok.

Right, i have registered all my accounts which need to be done, including my iLok account which contains the 5 liscence keys which authorise the plug ins when i run Pro Tools, but whenever i try to run Pro Tools to autorise them, it says the iLok isn't connected to the PC.

Has anyone had this problem?

If so, does anyone have any advice?

on ilok.com did you hit download licenses, and there synchronize your ilok? It's certainly a bit confusing at first... but online you can get licenses from companies, which you then sync to your ilok by 'downloading' licenses...

Perhaps you should try the PACE Picante sauce:

60658bs.jpg

Yes, i downloaded the drivers etc from the iLok site.
And i have syncronised the device, but on the Download option, it says i have no liscenes for download?

woo, right i sorted the plug ins everythings good.

however, i have another problem now, just wondering if somebody would tell me if im right...
i was recording a song in pro tools, and i had 8 audiotracks running, and it wouldnt play through the entire song, just kept stopping saying something about the processor cant keep up etc...

so, my pc has 1GB of RAM, if i buy another 1 GB of ram, would this resolve this problem?

ah, was quite silly really.
i thought because i registered the iLok and it said there were 5 lisences on there that it would work then, but you have to go onto the pro tools website and download them, just by clicking on the required plug in, an typing in your ilok account name.

back onto your ilok page, hey presto.. avaliable to download to the device.

i've tried everything with the latency, every option i have... sometimes it plays more of the song before stopping, but still non the less it stops eventually...

woo, right i sorted the plug ins everythings good.

however, i have another problem now, just wondering if somebody would tell me if im right...
i was recording a song in pro tools, and i had 8 audiotracks running, and it wouldnt play through the entire song, just kept stopping saying something about the processor cant keep up etc...

so, my pc has 1GB of RAM, if i buy another 1 GB of ram, would this resolve this problem?

Ahahahahahahaha, another one falls victim - I have the same problem with my MBOX2 on my laptop with 2 GB of RAM and a 2.2 ghz AMD Turion, and I still get those errors with my latency at 1024 msecs with wireless LAN disabled - in short, motherfucking PTLE can suck my fat hairy balls, cuz as I see it, there's no solution in sight - so now I use my old pirated SX2 (I know, I know) until I can afford Sonar 7 to go legit.

In your setup menu, go to Playback Engine, and change your hardware buffer size... higher numbers work better for mixing and playback

Ahahahahahahaha, another one falls victim - I have the same problem with my MBOX2 on my laptop with 2 GB of RAM and a 2.2 ghz AMD Turion, and I still get those errors with my latency at 1024 msecs with wireless LAN disabled - in short, motherfucking PTLE can suck my fat hairy balls, cuz as I see it, there's no solution in sight - so now I use my old pirated SX2 (I know, I know) until I can afford Sonar 7 to go legit.

Hahahaha!!! The only reason I don't use PTLE (1.5 GB RAM, 2.4 GHz Pentium4, 7200rpm HDD) and yet it still complains. Searched the DUC to no avail. I just use Reaper and am happy. I'm very seriously thinking about selling off my MBox2 and "downgrading" to PTMP and picking up the ProjectMix instead. We'll see, I have a lot of other stuff to offload before I can get that, though. (Plus I'm gonna wait until Kazrog gets his and give that a spin first :headbang:).

i use pt le on my macbook and g4 and its great.
the mbox is really shitty and causes loads of drop outs.
002 and 003 is solid.
you can also check the 'ignore errorss blah blah blah' in the playback engine option

i've just ordered some more RAM, so ill be running 2.5gbRAM 3.06GHz Pentium4

And if thats still not enough, screw it i'm sending it back and ill look for something else instead... ill let you know next week if this makes any differerence =[ urgh