Problem with EZDrummer and Sonar 8 PE

rickfugue

May 26, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
PLZ HELP! I have a midi keyboard compatiblity issue going on right now that was not a problem before. Basically I have decided to stop writing drums in GPRO5 and "perform" them on my keyboard (Roland Fantom SS-88). I have both Sonar PE and EZdrummer w/ DFH and etc. One day I decided like I said to exploit the use of my gear which means in Sonar, GPro, and EZdrummer. I started with Truepiano which worked flawlessly. Also tried with other soft synths. Thought I would try to configure my set-up w/ GPro beings that I also have a Midi Guitar. Had immediate problems making that work w GPro. Soon as I hit 1 note it records the same 1 over and over till I quit the program. I know that must be a noob thing. Problem is I tried to re-configure things in GPro to correct that...to no avail. Now my Sonar shit is all fubared. I can load all of my VSTs just fine but the keyboard no longer controls them at all. I can point and click on the keys, drums, whatever visually within the VST and it gives me sound but I can not trigger said sounds with my external keyboard. I have updated all drivers and even deleted GPro in the hopes that whatever I did in that program changed something for the worse. Anyone else know what I could do or have had the same problem. I would realy, realy like not to have to re-install Sonar as it takes a long time. I really hope someone can help. I checked Sonar and EZdrummer forums 1st and saw no solution. One dude posted something on Cakewalk's forum that sounded similar but the solution directives did not match anything recognizable to me, noob I am, and the O.P. did not post back as to if it helped him or not. Sorry in advance if I am wasting anyone's time with a really obvious solution.
THANKS!!!

From past experience EZ Drummer and Sonar are not exactly best friends. I had an issue with them that took us awhile to figure out. Honestly man your best bet is to call Sonar tech support.