Problem with Recabinet

Ericlingus

Prettiest Hair Around
Oct 31, 2006
I just bought Recabinet and I can't find it in my plugin list in Cubase 6.5 I put it in the correct Vst path. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but it just won't work. Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do to fix it? I've never had any problems like this with other plugins.

Well I got that issue to work. But it's really buggy in Cubase 6.5. I can't change the cabs or mics via the drop down menu, I have to use the plus or minus signs next it it. It also freezes up Cubase after using it for a little bit. I should also state that I'm using Windows XP and not Windows 7. It is not officially supported by Steinberg although I have had any prior problems not has some other people that I know have that setup. It sucks I can't use the plugin. It seems really cool. Maybe it's about time I upgrade to Win7...

sucks I can't get any help because my platform is not officially supported. My fault though. I do have to say that recabinet has the fastest support replies that I've ever gotten.

Sorry about the issues you're having. Our primary development/test environment for Windows is Windows 7 with Cubase 6.5, so you shouldn't have any problems at all once you upgrade.

This is a cautionary tale though - if you pair up unsupported host/OS combinations from different eras (XP is over 11 years old!), it's going to pretty much be luck of the draw what plugins and/or features work for you or not.