production errors database

Jeff, I never noticed it until now but yeah, that is kind of irritating now that I know it's there. One of my fav DT songs too.. haha

I noticed a new weird thing on Chris Lord Alges mix "I'd come for you" on Dark Horse. On around 4:00 (and it happens once more after too) its as if there is a weird mistrigger on the snare or something. Either way that roll doesnt seem to work or sound natural! See what you think : ) Maybe its just the fact the snare is a fat off sample of many snares and fails at sounding natural in the rolls?

Haha just found one, Dream Theater - Erotomania 1:27 check that kick drum

The only thing i really notice about that one is that he isnt hitting the kick quite as hard as the other strokes.. but that doesnt really bother me that much, it just makes it feel more "alive".

The only thing i really notice about that one is that he isnt hitting the kick quite as hard as the other strokes.. but that doesnt really bother me that much, it just makes it feel more "alive".

Ey? It sounds like a total mis "trigger" to me. 2 kicks played instead of one.

Ey? It sounds like a total mis "trigger" to me. 2 kicks played instead of one.

Erh, over here it sounds like its allot lower in volume.. so it sounds like the opposite of what you are saying it sounds like. o,0

Not really a production error, but in the chimaira samples andy sneap posted, one of the kick samples has some voices coming in towards the end. I didn't hear them until I was doing something that had me listening to them at a ridiculous volume, and I was too busy to take the time to try to make out what they were saying.

I dunno if this is an editing error, or what, but its always really bugged me. In Opeth's "A Fair Judgement" the drums at about 2:00 in have a triplet feel, but the kick seems to be quantized to 16ths.. its really off-putting.

I dunno if this is an editing error, or what, but its always really bugged me. In Opeth's "A Fair Judgement" the drums at about 2:00 in have a triplet feel, but the kick seems to be quantized to 16ths.. its really off-putting.

Hmm, I dunno dude, just listened now and all it seems like to me is that he was briefly (and slightly) pushing the tempo - of course, if the drums were heavily quantized then I guess that would be an error, but it hardly bugs me! Then again, I'm not a drummer :D