Production

ShadowOfDeath

Warrior of Black Metal
Sep 20, 2003
New Hampshire
firec0re.net
What are some ways to learn about production

I have a 4-track recording studio type thing, a guitar, a keyboard, a mic, a mic stand, etc. and enough stuff to put the mic in any part of my room and stuff comes out good on tape. The vocals i play with when recording come out alright also. I've gotten interest with all the creative stuff in production, can anyone tell me how i can learn more? I bet with a lot of practice(and believe me, the musical person i am, i love doing things music related, i can't even play an entire album or read a metal mag without halfway through stopping and playing or writing music myself :loco: i'll work at least an hour a day. I did 2 today)i can make even a demo tape come out good. i just need to know how i can learn more and make the production quality purely amazing.

Uhmmm, maybe go look for tutorials on this shit online somewhere???? Since there really isnt much production talk (or any kind of talk for that matter) going on in this forum, I would go find like production forums or something to that effect, you'd probably get faster, and more knowledgable replies.

Also you could check out www.vsplanet.com

It's a Roland based site but even if you don't use a roland machine, there are a lot of people who know a lot about recording. That's pretty much where I got most of my recording knowledge. Go to the recording forum and read up. But the best way is to start recording and ask questions on these boards as you need them. Just realize that there are some people out there that will be assholes and will say shit just to piss you off. Just ignore it. Homerecording.com and vsplanet.com have a lot of people willing to answer questions even if they are very elementary, which they will be considering you are just starting. But don't be afraid to ask what you think are dumb questions. The 'dumb questions' seem to be the biggest road block to recording. Once you get those answered you find that'll you'll soon be asking some intelligent questions.