Growling vocals

I'm asking advice on growling, which is applicable to A LOT of genres.
No, you're asking for advice on a vocal technique used almost exclusively by the shittier deathcore bands.
If you don't think core is metal then you must be like fucking 12 years old.
No, actually. -core is not metal. Do you know where "-core" comes from? From hardcore. Why don't you look hardcore up? I'll wait. You done? Did you notice something? About how hardcore is NOT METAL?

Another funny thing about the people complaining about the OP's taste and "-core not being metal" is that in the interview section I spotted, not one, but quite a few deathcore bands that were interviewed.
Shouldn't that be an indication of -core's acceptance as metal if a site called Ultimate Metal interviews these bands?
What about the Metalarchives.com lists these bands too?
First off, deathcore is a slightly gray area. Some of it is definitely metal; As Blood Runs Black or The Faceless, for example. Secondly, many bands that start as deathcore morph into a more metal form; for example, Job For A Cowboy's Genesis is definitely pure death metal with nary a breakdown or pig squeal to be found. The latest from The Faceless is pure tech death, if painfully average. It's not really black or white. If you read the policy on MA you'll see that about deathcore and metalcore bands they say only bands that are way more metal, like Shadows Fall.

Just because something doesn't conform to an individual's perception of what metal is, doesn't mean it ain't metal.
It's not just me tbh, there have been long discussions about the borders of metal and -core.

A] You can fuse ANY genre of music. To Mera fuzes death metal, operatic vocals, and a jazz interlude in one piece of music.
Yeah, but those three things go together fine. Atheist proved a long time ago that jazz and death metal fit together pretty well, and operatic vocals have been used in every genre of metal. Not to say that that's not cool and experimental, but those things aren't contradictory. Nu-metal involves simple, primarily rhythmic riffs and a general emphasis on simplicity and rhythm over complexity and melody in the instrumental work; you can't really reconcile prog with that. Go ahead and try, though.

B] Pig squeals being sucky is your opinion.
And the opinion of everyone else in the world except a select group of retards who derive immense pleasure from cupping the mike like a jackass and ruining their vocal chords.

C] Where the fuck else would I ask? A country music forum??
How about a deathcore forum, genius?

Nu-metal is popular with A LOT of people dude. I know more adults than kids that listen to Nu-metal. Just because its not "FuKING BRUTULZ" or because "MANESTREEM SUX LULZ" doesn't make it shitty or not metal.
Iron Maiden are not "FuKING BRUTULZ" but they are fairly "MANESTREEM" (note these spellings are used only by you, an avowed nu-metal fan :p), and yet they are pretty much universally beloved in the metal community. Can you understand why? The answer involves the word talent. Nu-metal is honestly a dying trend that will be almost entirely gone within 10 years, although there were always be a couple underground bands who think there's nothing cooler than 3 Dollar Bill Y'all.

Well thanks for the one or two that TRIED to help. Fuck everyone else. Have fun listening to what the fuck ever you think is good. I'm not gonna judge you over your shit, but your obviously gonna judge mine, so I won't fuck with your precious metal forum anymore. Feel free to post some more condescending shit; call me a pussy or w/e. This place is a joke. fuck you. have a nice day.

Nu-metal is honestly a dying trend that will be almost entirely gone within 10 years, although there were always be a couple underground bands who think there's nothing cooler than 3 Dollar Bill Y'all.

that would be true but remember I live in a place with a lot of backwoods sisterfuckers who still think bands like Linkin Park and Disturbed are the epitome of "great music" whereas what I listen to is just "noisy garbage".

^yes.

anyway, the OP wants to pig squeal like Despised Icon and they are definitely metal AND great.

I'm with ohiogrinder here.
Also, I was just messing with you but now it's serious. Iron Maiden are a thousand fucking times better than Napalm Death. It's not even debatable.

But I was refering more to shit like Anal Cunt, who you call noisecore or noisegrind or something. They really do aspire to noisy garbage.

Hey guys. I'm in a Nu Metal/Progressive band, but on the side I do my own Deathcore stuff. I can do the highs, the lows, and the mid vocals, but now I want to learn to do the "cricket" screams. A good example of what I'm talking about is Despised Icon's song, furtive monologue. I wanna learn to do the deep "cricket" screams where you can't understand what he's saying, but I have no idea how to even start. Can someone help me out?

(all my screams are exhales, btw)

i can do it, inhaled, really low, and it doesnt sound like what everyone is thinking right now as there reading this, however i dont use inhales in any of my recordings, i can do better.:p

but if you must, just make the noise that dead asain chick from the grudge makes, except inhaled.

A] You can fuse ANY genre of music. To Mera fuzes death metal, operatic vocals, and a jazz interlude in one piece of music.
B] Pig squeals being sucky is your opinion.
C] Where the fuck else would I ask? A country music forum??
D] There isn't anything wrong with being an elitist, but its something entirely different to be a dick about what music you like or don't like.

Nu-metal is popular with A LOT of people dude. I know more adults than kids that listen to Nu-metal. Just because its not "FuKING BRUTULZ" or because "MANESTREEM SUX LULZ" doesn't make it shitty or not metal.

Wrong progressive is not a style of music, so it can't be fused. Progressive is a description of a band evolution. Because things like punk and nu-metal are so simplisitic they can not be progressive, as there is no room for vast amounts of change.

Just so you guys know, nu-metal is pretty respected. Killswitch Engage is EXTREMELY popular. Not to say its in everyones opinion that they are good, but they ARE popular so some people like them. umm... anyway, still need any help with the vocals?

I'm with ohiogrinder here.
Also, I was just messing with you but now it's serious. Iron Maiden are a thousand fucking times better than Napalm Death. It's not even debatable.

But I was refering more to shit like Anal Cunt, who you call noisecore or noisegrind or something. They really do aspire to noisy garbage.

That is very true. But the funny thing is some people get the wrong idea's for bands like that. like the band Cattle Decapitation, (i honestly dont like them) but the whole point of the band is protesting animal rights. i never really knew that. :)

Just so you guys know, nu-metal is pretty respected. Killswitch Engage is EXTREMELY popular. Not to say its in everyones opinion that they are good, but they ARE popular so some people like them. umm... anyway, still need any help with the vocals?

Popular is not the same is respected, Bittany Spears was popular....Michal Jackson.....Yea. lol

I don't think any serious music critics respect Limp Bizkit or Korn. They're sorta like reality TV; people buy into it, but no one respects it.

wow that was alot of random hate for some kid who just wanted to know how to emulate the bands he likes.