Death Growl Help, Specific Problem.

BlacklightKarma

New Metal Member
Jun 7, 2004
Alright, I've been trying to learn how to growl for about a month now. I can do it, but the harsh gurgle sound (for lack of better terms) is really slow so it sounds more like I'm vomiting blood. How do I go about getting this sound to be faster so it sounds more 'violent'. I'd also like tips on getting the growl its self to a lower note.

One more thing, any tips on doing black vocals/screams? I can't get the growl to be that high pitched.

Thanks in advance, I'd really appreciate some detailed explanations.

open your mouth wider. thats the best i can suggest for gettin rid of the gurgle. push more air as well. pushing more air is also a way to get the BM rasp
~gR~

Alright, I think I've got them down pretty decently. I recorded a sound clip too, but I don't have any where to host it. If any one wants to help me out,IM me on AIM and tell me what you think of my sound clip.

My AIM name is: BlacklightNights

breathe deeper and work your lung control and like gR said open your mouth wider, thing is (and it took me a while to figure it out) dont go as deep as posiable, itll soud like crap over the mic. just drop your voice low (not growl) and progect itll soud like a growl but youll have more power in your voice and youll be able to talk afterward :D and remember the volume on your amp is essentail find the volume you sound best on and work with it scream louder or turn it up some, whatevever works. and another thing (I feel like such a hypocrite) try not to smoke it fucks up your chords (and its a bad habit) hope I helped good luck

when I growl I breathe in, when I do my screams [bm style] i breathe out but still have trouble. :wave:

serial killer said:
breathe deeper and work your lung control and like gR said open your mouth wider, thing is (and it took me a while to figure it out) dont go as deep as posiable, itll soud like crap over the mic. just drop your voice low (not growl) and progect itll soud like a growl but youll have more power in your voice and youll be able to talk afterward :D and remember the volume on your amp is essentail find the volume you sound best on and work with it scream louder or turn it up some, whatevever works. and another thing (I feel like such a hypocrite) try not to smoke it fucks up your chords (and its a bad habit) hope I helped good luck

haha, don't growl? talk low?

for the low growling make shure your mouth is making the shape of you saying oo and also look down at the floor so that your vocal chords are looser, alowing you to go lower, when your going low make sure that your not making to breathy a sound, becaus it sound shit