Production

James Murphy

Mar 26, 2002
While i am still playing on many albums.. several scheduled for release this year (a couple already out) i have mostly changed my focus to my production career. My first big Production credit saw the light on Roadrunner Records a couple months ago with the release of DAATH's "The Hinderers" CD. i've done quite a bit of producing and mixing the last couple years and have decided to step it up this year in a big way. i'll use this forum to annouce what i'm working on and bring everyone as up to date as possible.

in the mean time check out my production myspace and listen to the tracks iv'e produced and mixed of late and add the bands if you like them.

Good to hear form You, James!:worship: Great to hear that you still play on many albums... and producing must be fun, too, and a lot of hard work i guess... good luck with it. I have a question: will the Death tribute come out this year?..or it's just hard to tell?

Good to hear form You, James!:worship: Great to hear that you still play on many albums... and producing must be fun, too, and a lot of hard work i guess... good luck with it. I have a question: will the Death tribute come out this year?..or it's just hard to tell?
there will be news before too much longer regarding the death trib.

Awesome! Howdy James, good to see you on here mate. :headbang:

The Death tribute should be amazing, aside from featuring on albums and producing them, is there any chance of another solo album?

Also, I've been trying out Caparison guitars, I'm pretty much set on a Horus, but I know you're an endorsee of that brand and use the Dellingers, have u tried the Horus? How did it compare to the Dellinger in your opinion?

Anyways, catch ya soon.

yeah - he´s back - to nice to be true :cry: (but we followed you to the sneap forum anyway...)
the bloodpromise songs sound really great even through that shitty myspace player - i would love to hear it in better (cd) quality - the different instruments work really well together

@ progmetalpilgrim: can´t talk about the dellinger but i own a horus and i think it´s a damn fine guitar, it´s very easy and comfortable to play and is good for rhythm and lead guitarwork- i buyed this guitar "blind" (hadn´t the chance to play it before buying) and i´m totally convinced - of course it´s just my opinion but you can get some other impressions here http://www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au/forum/viewforum.php?f=14
though i would suggest to use some other sources for informations about caparison guitars because i think it´s the official caparison forum

yeah - he´s back - to nice to be true :cry: (but we followed you to the sneap forum anyway...)
the bloodpromise songs sound really great even through that shitty myspace player - i would love to hear it in better (cd) quality - the different instruments work really well together

@ progmetalpilgrim: can´t talk about the dellinger but i own a horus and i think it´s a damn fine guitar, it´s very easy and comfortable to play and is good for rhythm and lead guitarwork- i buyed this guitar "blind" (hadn´t the chance to play it before buying) and i´m totally convinced - of course it´s just my opinion but you can get some other impressions here http://www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au/forum/viewforum.php?f=14
though i would suggest to use some other sources for informations about caparison guitars because i think it´s the official caparison forum

I'm already a member on there actually... :D

Luckily for me, I happen to live about 40 minutes from bmusic, so I made the trip and tried a couple of them out... They were by far the most comfortable guitar I've ever played, far better than the Ibanez IMHO... I probably would purchase one blind anyway, but it is extra reassuring to have played it. Blind, I probably would've actually got the Dellinger II, but after playing them, the Horus just felt (and sounded) better IMO.

i happen to have a Horus HGS actually.. i love it, and will post a pic soon.

Cool, look foward to seeing it! :headbang:

sorry for the delay.. been busy using my Horus to record the solos for the new Konkhra CD.... 5 down... starting work on number 6.

ok, as promised, here's a pic of me with my Horus HGS.... taken with Anders from Konkhra, right after i finished recording my solos for the new Konkhra CD.

jm_al_konkhra.jpg

\m/