prog bm recommendation: janvs "vega"

einride

your best friend
Feb 29, 2008
okay so i just found this and i can imagine a number of y'all will like it. very good italian band. it's one of those bands that once played black metal and you can still hear it in some of the musical constructs but it is also obvious their heads are somewhere else at this point (like with sólstafir, etc.)

it's very "modern" in the sense that it's "post black metal" or whatever the kids call it these days but it's the actual good kind of modern where i think they are heading in an interesting direction & innovating in a stale musical climate without becoming a gimmick, rather appearing as a band that has something real to communicate (i would confirm that but they sing in italian, they seem like interesting people from interviews though)

i don't know what else to write, listen to the songs or whatever -- i uploaded some of the softer ones because when they blast and play tremolo riffs they are not usually as interesting

janus_vega.jpg

1. torri di vetro
  2. saphire
  3. tarab
  4. dazed
  5. mediterraneo
  6. vega
  7. vesper II

buy from www.atmf.net :Spam:

Good band. Haven't heard this one yet, but I have no restriction in recommending their debut album, Fvlgvres. Although from your description, it's probably much more up-tempo than Vega.

Good reco, I remember coming across this band sometime last year when listening to Spite Extreme Wing and other such Italian bands.

Love the artwork of Vega.

I approve the approval.

Damn you all for recommending so many good bands. I might have to order this together with Lantlós - S/T.

That Lantlos just may be the last good thing Neige is ever involved with.

Too lazy to make a separate Spite Extreme Wing thread, so I'll just place this here:

Can't believe I put off acquiring/listening to Vltra for so long, what a great album. The Beatles cover at the end with the Forgotten Tomb vocalist was interesting. Not bad either.

Last edited by a moderator: