Prog Music Awards 2012

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
While it's still heavily catered towards the pure Prog heavyweights, there is still plenty for us prog metal-ers to vote on.

In the New Blood category, you can pick Haken, Headspace and TesseracT among others. For Album of the Year, Nightwish is listed. In Virtuoso category, both John Petrucci and Mike Portnoy are eligible. In the Guiding Light category...Mikael Akerfeldt, Portnoy and Steven Wilson are available for voting.

From Prog Rock magazine...

Welcome to the first annual Progressive Music Awards. After years of entertaining millions of fans the world over, Prog magazine feels that acknowledging the great progressive artists of the past and present is long overdue. So here we do just that, doffing our caps to a splendid array of artists from over the past 40 years that have seen some of the most imaginative and thought provoking rock music ever created. It continues to enthrall us here at Prog magazine as much as it does you readers who buy the magazine. This is about us giving something back. So have your say, and vote in the first five reader driven categories – you could even win a bumper goody bag full of prog delights from all the nominees and a framed piece of prog artwork from The Flood Gallery. - Jerry Ewing, Editor

http://awards.progrockmag.com/

As a follow up, here's the list of winners:

NEW BLOOD: TesseracT
LIVE EVENT: Anathema
GRAND DESIGN: Pink Floyd Immersion reissues
ANTHEM: Squackett - A Life Within A Day
ALBUM OF THE YEAR: Rush - Clockwork Angels
VISIONARY: Peter Hammill
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT: Genesis
VIRTUOSO: Carl Palmer
GUIDING LIGHT: Steven Wilson
PROG GOD: Rick Wakeman

See here and here for more information...

I just wanted to say Thank You for posting this. I haven't been keeping up with my Prog much this year and was very intrigued by many of the bands listed in the voting.

On a more personal note: After listening to all the songs for ANTHEM I think Arena got shafted:zombie: While all the bands had some very fine moments I thought One Last Au Revoir was heads above the rest of the competition.