Prog Power 1 Attendee's

SavaNanny said:
:D

PP1 was amazing. Any other parents at PP1 with kids currently attending? We may be the oldest, but we ARE the coolest. :headbang:
Ma

Well my kids are all grown and almost out of the house and I'm also a grandma. How many other grannies we got going????:Shedevil:

Pellaz said:
I was there.....and also at the first ProgPower Europe in Tilburg at the 013.

Both shows ruled. I remember after PoS's set at PPUSA I, there were grown men* crying in the front row. Wearing Symphony X t-shirts. :yow: One of the Top 5 performances I've ever seen.

-=-=-
* as opposed to those infant men, of course

That's when you know you have a good band...when you can make someone cry during the show. There was a guy crying during Beyond The Pale at PP5..."In the morning boohoohoo she's going away boohooo:cry: in a budapest taxi boohhooo:cry: i've paid boohoo seeking freedom i touched the untouched oh god boohoo:cry: it's too much..i'm BEYOND THE PALE...OH GOD THAT WAS INCREDIBLE!!!:cry: :cry: :cry: "

dargormudshark said:
That's when you know you have a good band...when you can make someone cry during the show.

And the damndest thing is, the PoS guys are still mystified as to why THAT particular show was so mesmerizing for the audience; to them, it seemed musically average at best. Granted, an 'average' performance by Pain of Salvation is still lightyears beyond what a lot of more popular mainstream acts can manage on a good day, but still.....
I'd put it down to the intimate venue, the small but enthusiastic (!) audience, and the fact that they were happy to play at last after getting iced out of a chance to play in Iceland right before PPUSA 1 on the way over, and having to sleep on the floor at BWI Airport the night before due to a missed connection.

For this reason, I think it'd be amazing (although impossible) to see them at the pre-party.....just as long as they're forced to 'sleep' on an airport floor the night before. The Atrium area at Hartsfield is kinda nice........ :tickled:

I got a little teary-eyed at Dead Can Dance in NYC a few months ago, but that's just me. :Spin: