Prog Power VI update.....

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Due to leaks, one band and the date of Prog Power USA VI has been announced. Prog Power USA will be on Sept 16-17 and Therion will be playing there. Anyone planning to go needs to go ahead and reserve motel rooms. It seems as though one of the favorite hotels near the venue (Fairfield Inn) is booked with a cosmetology convention. Just what long-haired metal-heads need...... a bunch of women running around with scissors... AArrgghh !!! Anyone need any advice on motels, feel free to PM me.

Bryant

The ProgPower VI update I want to hear is that the earth's tectonic plates shifted and the planets aligned to make it possible for Orphaned Land to perform.

You don't get much better when it comes to prog metal, plus they are from a war-torn, middle-eastern area of the world (Isreal). This would be a great opportunity for PPVI to possibly heal some wounds and show peace between nations, through music.

I want to see Accept as the headliner. They definitely could be considered powermetal.

I don't know the Orphaned Land. I would like to see Vanden Plas or Pagans Mind as the returning band though.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I want to see Accept as the headliner. They definitely could be considered powermetal.

I don't know the Orphaned Land. I would like to see Vanden Plas or Pagans Mind as the returning band though.

Bryant

Hell yeah Bryant!! :worship:
Accept and Vanden Plas! :headbang: I never heard anything from Pagans Mind. What do they sound like?

Mxgonzo said:
Hell yeah Bryant!! :worship:
Accept and Vanden Plas! :headbang: I never heard anything from Pagans Mind. What do they sound like?

Pagans Mind is truly a cross between power and prog. I think it is safe to call them either, but I would consider them as leaning more toward prog. They arer Norwegian and the vocalist is similar to James Labrie as far as tone, but he doesn't try to sing like him. The lead guitar player is an "oldschool" sounding guy who likes guys like EVH and Lynch etc. He has a real 80's vibe to his solos. The drummer lists the more aggressive stuff as his influences and his style is similar to Vinnie Paul back in the Pantera days. They have a two guitar attack and a keyboardist who is very tasteful but not overpowering. Their best work is called "Celestial Entrance." The first track (after a short opener/instrumental) called "Through Osiris Eyes" is a good song to start with and is probably their most popular song.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Pagans Mind is truly a cross between power and prog. I think it is safe to call them either, but I would consider them as leaning more toward prog. They arer Norwegian and the vocalist is similar to James Labrie as far as tone, but he doesn't try to sing like him. The lead guitar player is an "oldschool" sounding guy who likes guys like EVH and Lynch etc. He has a real 80's vibe to his solos. The drummer lists the more aggressive stuff as his influences and his style is similar to Vinnie Paul back in the Pantera days. They have a two guitar attack and a keyboardist who is very tasteful but not overpowering. Their best work is called "Celestial Entrance." The first track (after a short opener/instrumental) called "Through Osiris Eyes" is a good song to start with and is probably their most popular song.

Bryant

Mmmm, need to check Pagans Mind out I think ...

Me too... I keep hearing about them but never got to hear anything from them.
Money is tight these days so I like to hear some stuff before I buy.