PROGFEST 2009: CANBERRA & SYDNEY, MAY 15-17 (featuring NeO!)

This is going to be HUGE! So who's making it along?

In the halcyon days of 2008, OzProg.com brought together a rag-tag bunch of bands from Melbourne and Sydney to showcase the burgeoning field of Australian progressive rock. The inaugural Prog Fest concert in Melbourne was a huge success, but this is a new year and that's not going to cut it any more.

Australia has been punching above its weight in the global progressive rock scene since the turn of the century, with an embarrassment of riches from every corner of the country. So the number of acts has quadrupled from six to 24 as Prog Fest brings the best of four states to a few massive shows in Canberra and Sydney on the weekend of May 15th–17th, 2009.

OzProg.com, The Bird's Robe Collective, Welkin Entertainment, Skworq Music and Tiger Panic Records proudly present the two-city, three-day, multi-stage Prog Fest extravaganza!

The Basement in Canberra will play host to NE OBLIVISCARIS (VIC), ELEVENTH HE REACHES LONDON (WA), AEON OF HORUS, SLEEPMAKESWAVES (NSW), MUSHROOM GIANT (VIC), ...LIKE FOXES and HEIRS (VIC) on Friday, May 15th, before 23 bands from all over Australia are crammed into the Annandale Hotel in Sydney over two huge days on May 16th and 17th. The full Sydney line-up includes:

ROOK (VIC)
NE OBLIVISCARIS (VIC)
CODA
ELEVENTH HE REACHES LONDON (WA)
AEON OF HORUS (ACT)
SLEEPMAKESWAVES
MUSHROOM GIANT (VIC)
PIRATE
MIRRORSESSIONS
SUPER FLORENCE JAM
NUCLEUS
SUPERB LYREBIRD
CAPTAIN KICKARSE & THE AWESOMES
RINCON (VIC)
SPACE PROJECT
MELADORA
I LIKE CATS
MISH
SLIMEY THINGS
TOY DEATH
HEIRS (VIC)
MAY
TEN THOUSAND FREE MEN & THEIR FAMILIES

Tickets are available from the venues — please visit their websites at www.annandalehotel.com.au and www.thebasementact.com. Stay tuned to OzProg.com for information on running times and much more closer to the show date.

Prog Fest at the Basement (18+)
Friday, May 15th, 2009
2 Cohen Street, Belconnen - (02) 6251 4541

CANBERRA

FRIDAY. MAY 15
NE OBLIVISCARIS
ELEVENTH HE REACHES LONDON
AEON OF HORUS
SLEEPMAKESWAVES
MUSHROOM GIANT
HEIRS
...LIKE FOXES

CANBERRAPROGFEST-poster-v1.jpg

SYDNEY

SATURDAY, MAY 16 LINEUP:
ROOK (VIC)
NE OBLIVISCARIS (VIC)
ELEVENTH HE REACHES LONDON (WA)
SLEEPMAKESWAVES
PIRATE
MIRRORSESSIONS
CAPTAIN KICKARSE & THE AWESOMES
MUSHROOM GIANT (VIC)
AEON OF HORUS (ACT)
HEIRS (VIC)
RINCON (VIC)
TOY DEATH

SUNDAY, MAY 17 LINEUP:
CODA
NUCLEUS
SUPER FLORENCE JAM
SPACE PROJECT
I LIKE CATS
SUPERB LYREBIRD
MELADORA
TEN THOUSAND FREE MEN & THEIR FAMILIES
MISH
SLIMEY THINGS
MAY

poster_sydney_600.jpg

Don't worry boys, there is enough of me to go around...

..God I feel dirty.

@SMW
MORE then happy to do your lighting, I've also listened to some more of your tracks so I'm starting to learn how songs go, can give you guys a better show. Standard fees apply (under $50) email me at ObeliskMetal@hotmail.com if you want to talk about setlists/what you guys want etc.