ProgPower Attendees With Health Issues

booB said:
As far as nametags go... the PM Board did the nametag thing a few times, and it worked out okay. Someone (Guy, I think) brought a bunch of them to the fest and they were put by the entrance table. Perhaps if someone wants to do this for the ProgPower board, it wouldn't be a bad idea.

I hand stenciled name tags last year. They had a black background, UM stenciled in green and name of the attendee who requested the tag in gold. They were distributed in the Granada lobby. There were still some left on the table later that night so I'm not sure if everyone picked theirs up or not.
Cindy

LuCinda said:
I hand stenciled name tags last year. They had a black background, UM stenciled in green and name of the attendee who requested the tag in gold. They were distributed in the Granada lobby. There were still some left on the table later that night so I'm not sure if everyone picked theirs up or not.
Cindy

That sounds really cool. Any plans to have something like this again this year?

I am also a diabetic (have been for nine years now) and have no problem talking about it. I never was much of a drinker and believe it or not the last beer I had was with Dimebag Darrell (RIP) when Pantera was on the "Far Beyond Driven" tour.

PPUSA Forum nametags would be a great idea. I was just thinking about that a few days ago. I'm no longer active on the PM board (got kinda disgusted and left, never really looked back) so those nametags wouldn't be an option for me, like they were a few years ago. (I still have at least one. :))

Not a diabetic...at least not yet. I'm probably in a high-risk group, though....even though I'm not a drinker.

Nametags? Sheeeit.... you'll recognise me from my FUCK IVAN homemade PPUSAV shirt, and my brother from his hot rod flames bean cap!

By the way... he now has his beard growing back pretty thick, and has a bit of peach fuzz on his head. His skin still bruises easily and isn't really healing very fast. But he's working, his fingers hurt less when we're at band practice, and he's taken home trophies for his Mustang at each of the last three car shows we've gone to. I'd say things are getting quite a bit normalized finally. Still scary to look back and think about things.

He still doesn't like the Superbowl episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, cuz of Shake's diabetes and cancer joke at the end of that episode. But hey... his sense of humor is still intact!!! Well... that and he's "kicked out" our lead guitarist three times in the last two weeks for one-ball and cancer jokes. Heh heh!

rottingflesh said:
i am getting over being shy and am not real good at going up to people...so name tags would be cool.... :)

youre shy? is this the same person in all the picturs of the bbq? yoiu didnt strike me as that way. They were cool btw.

well, i am trying to overcome being shy....and i am not so shy with people i already know so beware of knowing me too well... i have come a long way the past few years...i forced myself to go alone to a metalfest in which i knew no one back in 2001 and it helped alot. i cried my eyes out the first night but then proceeded to do better on saturday....

thanks... yes, bbq i was drunk.... shhhhhh!

rottingflesh said:
well, i am trying to overcome being shy....and i am not so shy with people i already know so beware of knowing me too well... i have come a long way the past few years...i forced myself to go alone to a metalfest in which i knew no one back in 2001 and it helped alot. i cried my eyes out the first night but then proceeded to do better on saturday....

thanks... yes, bbq i was drunk.... shhhhhh!

I know lots of guys (including me) and lots of girls that go alone to concerts and etc alone because we dont have anyone to go with us. So I know the feeling and it is uncomfortable because I dont just go up to people and talk to them. I usually stand alone. But hell you know lots more people than I do. So maybe i am shy :loco:

I have always gone alone to concerts as i am into death metal and did not have any friends before... now i usually go with friends...but not for years after i moved here...

i always stood alone at DM shows until i met my two best friends at on in 2000

i am getting to know people... just wish i was more able to approace people.. :)
maybe i will start with you.... LOL, send me a pic.

well, find me and say hello when you see me.. :)
can never have too many cool friends.
i just met a shitload this year because of these BBQ's and stuff...

i am getting over being shy and am not real good at going up to people...

ditto that for me... the difference for me now is that I have a shitload of friends I've hung out with at countless ProgPowers, Powerfests, Powermads, and other shows, who are always there. There's never a lack of anyone to talk to, at that point.

I have always gone alone to concerts as i am into death metal and did not have any friends before...

That's my big issue now with living here in Cleveland. I have some friends here who are into metal, but none who are into death metal... hence, I'm always stuck going to shows and having to deal with the metalcore-kiddie crowds by myself. It really blows, so much so that I'm starting to skip shows these days for the flimsiest of reasons.

I have a lot of friends now at PP as well, just took me longer than the average person to meet them i guess... of course my first one alone I met James and Kathy and they met people for me.. lol

I have the death metal scene here covered now when I want to go but I still have times I go to shows alone because I like to travel. I just got back from Cleveland where I went to a couple shows (well, one local) by myself.

ditto that for me... the difference for me now is that I have a shitload of friends I've hung out with at countless ProgPowers, Powerfests, Powermads, and other shows, who are always there. There's never a lack of anyone to talk to, at that point.

That's my big issue now with living here in Cleveland. I have some friends here who are into metal, but none who are into death metal... hence, I'm always stuck going to shows and having to deal with the metalcore-kiddie crowds by myself. It really blows, so much so that I'm starting to skip shows these days for the flimsiest of reasons.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I remember you saying you were up here-- presumably for Gigantour? I was working all that weekend, but my friend Krusty was there...