PROGPOWER EUROPE 2008

renejanssen

Apr 19, 2005
Baarlo, The Netherlands
www.progpower.eu
Hi,

The line-up for this year is complete as you can see, bands that want to play the festival in 2008 can send us a promo package. Please be sure you will send a professional promo package, not a CDR without any additional information. We also will NOT listen to samples through the internet, we only judge from demos and promos we do receive at the address below.

So feel free to send a promo package to the following address, ProgPower Europe 2008 will be the 10th anniversary so we will try to make something special out of it:

PROGPOWER EUROPE 2008
Vergelt 5a
5991 PJ, BAARLO (L)
The Netherlands

Greetings,
Rene Janssen
ProgPower Organization

Was listening to Wolverine's album Still tonight when i got this idea:

I remember René asked us a while ago about the bands we'd like to see at next years anniversary of PP Europe (couldn't find that threat so i posted it here)....

...what if we got to see the bands that played at the first one in '99 ??

I know that a few names don't exist anymore, but it's still a fantastic line-up to see these bands on stage:

Wolverine
Poverty's no Crime
Superior
Evergrey
Pain of Salvation
Threshold

and who knows we could see some of the people involved in Symmetry (Frank?), Forever Times(Martijn?), Mayadome(Teddy?) or Lemur Voice (Marcel?) back on stage as well.

After all, for most of us it's an annual reunion since it all started back in '99

This year's editon is about to start in a few weeks ( yay!! ) i know, but i'd like to contribute some ideas for next years one already ;)

Henk

I think you should get Firewind to play 2008. Them alone is enough to make me, and about 5 of my friends from the UK and a couple from other parts of Europe fly over.

I've followed them around the UK and I am seeing them in Spain and Copenhagen in November. I will never get bored of them! Ever!

They played the first PPUK and they were on first which sucked as not a lot of people got to see them as the fest started at Midday.

The are playing PPUSA and PPScandinavia in the next 2 months...so you HAVE to bring them to PPEurope ^_^

xx Kirsty

better ask EVIL MASQUERADE (DK) too then so Apollo can do 2 sets:kickass:
I just love his vocals!!!:headbang:

henk

Ahhh....Firewind AND Evil Masquerade at the same festival!!! I'm excited just thinking of that! hahaha :loco::worship:kickass:
that would be brilliant even if poor Apollo would be knackered..but I'd book my ticket this moment if I thought it could happen! :heh:

You need to get OUTWORLD from Houston texas, Also VAINGLORY from Atlanta Ga. OR to go really over the top KRUCIBLE from Houston featuring LANCE KING on Vocals, Eric Halpren(ex- Leatherwolf) on guitars, with Don Lafon on guitars and Shane DuBose Bass, and Darren Davis Drums, and Adam Rawley Keyboards. This will be the next super band.

Since they blew everyone away at Prog-Power US this year, let have Pagan's Mind at Prog-Power EU 2008. :)

The Americans can have them again in 2009 ;)

Since they blew everyone away at Prog-Power US this year, let have Pagan's Mind at Prog-Power EU 2008. :)

The Americans can have them again in 2009 ;)

HEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHE we will take them in 2009, you bet your sweet Biffey we will. I can see now that I have to attend PP Europe in 2008, as it is the week after PP USA, I can just fly out of Atlanta to Amsterdam, and stay with you Hawk. hehehehehehehe:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Pagans mind
cloudscape
sylvan
pain of salvation
sun caged
fates warning
twilightning
james labrie ("solo" since he release new album next year..wouldn't that be cool?)

That's my wishlist...along with the suggastions in annother thread

I don't know if they've been mentioned yet or whether they've played PP before but MADDER MORTEM would be a great choice.
Progressive music and the band delivers live so go get them! :headbang: