PROGPOWER EUROPE 2008

I go to the UK one every year and recently just came back from PPUSA. I have been told that this one is also a very good festival and would love to travel over from the UK for it.
It would obviously depend on the lineup, and I would love to see Evil Masquerade on the bill. They have some great albums and a very strong fanbase and I'm convinced that they would give nothing short of an unbelievable awesome performance! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

If they were..then I'm there already! :kickass:

Here's a link to their myspace site:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=59528285

..and if you like what you see/hear, then click on the link in my sig and come join the forum. :)

Well For PPE08 my top 2 bands are:

Royal Hunt :headbang::headbang: and...

Evil Masquerade :kickass::headbang::worship:

(I guess my signature tells everything)

I would love to see these 2 bands getting a little bit of what they really deserves :headbang::headbang:

take care.

I go to the UK one every year and recently just came back from PPUSA. I have been told that this one is also a very good festival and would love to travel over from the UK for it.
It would obviously depend on the lineup, and I would love to see Evil Masquerade on the bill. They have some great albums and a very strong fanbase and I'm convinced that they would give nothing short of an unbelievable awesome performance! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

..and if you like what you see/hear, then click on the link in my sig and come join the forum. :)

I agree with Metal Summer and wolf hunter.....Evil Masquerade would give a tremendous performance at any of these events. I also think that people who love Metal, they deserve the chance to hear this great band. They would just be completely taken by the tremendous power of their sounds. I hope they get that chance.

I'd prefer more female fronted bands, this year we only got see bands with male vocalists......(don't think the female part of the audience will complaint about that, but apart from the music, it's always nice to 'watch' a band...hehehe).

Well, the interest of bands for PP Europe 2008 is huge, we have already listened to almost 200 demos/promos. We have made a list of about 30 bands that are interesting in our opinion, so it is going to be a very though job this year to book the perfect line-up.

We try to offer you a good selection of quality bands, different styles within the progressive scene. This means from very atmospheric to catchy to heavy, and everything in between. We also try to offer you some bands that have not, or hardly performed in Europe/Benelux before. We are talking to some, in our opinion, very interesting bands, we hope to confirm a few bands more this year, the rest of the line-up will be confirmed early next year.

Suggestions are still welcome of course.

Rene

My personal wishlist for PPEU 2008:
Andromeda
Sylvan
Burning Point (even though they're power metal, but I absolutely love their album "Burned Down The Enemy", released in 2007)
Royal Hunt
Mago de Oz
Saratoga (even though I don't speak a word of spanish)
Angra

Even though some of those don't have much to do with Prog, they're still bands I enjoy very much :)

I'd like to add Malpractice to my list of bands I'd like to see on Progpower Europe 2008. Found their album by sheer coincidence in a recordstore once and they sound just awesome. From what I can see on their website (MalpracticeBand.com) they've only played live in Finland so far, so it would be nicely up PPEU's alley to get them their first gig outside of Finland :) Here's their MySpace.

Well, the interest of bands for PP Europe 2008 is huge, we have already listened to almost 200 demos/promos. We have made a list of about 30 bands that are interesting in our opinion, so it is going to be a very though job this year to book the perfect line-up.

We try to offer you a good selection of quality bands, different styles within the progressive scene. This means from very atmospheric to catchy to heavy, and everything in between. We also try to offer you some bands that have not, or hardly performed in Europe/Benelux before. We are talking to some, in our opinion, very interesting bands, we hope to confirm a few bands more this year, the rest of the line-up will be confirmed early next year.

Suggestions are still welcome of course.

Rene

I can imagine it being a real hard job at making the right choices for this festival. I have gone to the two PP's in the UK and recently went to PPUSA. I have found some incredible bands through these festivals which has led me on to discovering some great music from the power/prog genre.

I really hope that Evi Masquerade is on your list of 30 bands. I have always thought they'd do incredibly well at these festivals if given the chance.
They have recently appeared at a live slot at the Danish Metal Awards at Copenhagen, and will also be performing at 'The Rock' there in February. Not to mention that they have their 4th album coming out in the near future.
I love all their albums and I am pretty damn sure that they are incredible to see live.

This would be the one band that I would definately travel over to see, so I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed. :headbang:

As Pagan's Mind already is confirmed i'd like to come forward with some other wishes:)

Cloudscape - New album next year that i've been told will kick ass!

Firewind - Awesome band that i've seen both on PPUK and PP Scand.

Triosphere - Not so much prog, but lot's of power. Female vocalist/bassist Ida Haukland got the best heavy metal voice out there today.
http://www.myspace.com/triosphere

Seventh Wonder - If you like Circus Maximus, you like SW as well.

Renee, you have got to listen to this band and get them for ProgPower Europe, they would be a show stopper. The Band is MYRATH from Tunisia. check them out on Myspace.com. You will be pleasantly surprised. They are so awesome NIGHTMARE RECORDS is in the process of signing them to an exclusive USA distro and recording deal after only hearing two songs.

After a couple of meetings we have our list of bands ready for this year, so we are talking to all the bands we would like to play this year. If we are able to book the full list of bands we want it will be too good to believe, so we have a second list of bands that we will contact when some of the bands we want can't play.

So be patient a bit, we try to complete the line-up in March, but some bands we are talking to are from overseas so that takes a while for these bands to check all possibilities. But don't worry, it's gonna be good, surprising, heavy, atmospheric, proggy, etc. So as previous years, very diverse!!

Keep an eye on the website for updates!

HEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHE we will take them in 2009, you bet your sweet Biffey we will. I can see now that I have to attend PP Europe in 2008, as it is the week after PP USA, I can just fly out of Atlanta to Amsterdam, and stay with you Hawk. hehehehehehehe:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Damn! I was late in seeing this. Of course you are always welcome to stay at my place. :)

And I agree with your recommendation of Myrath! They are great!

Seventh Wonder - If you like Circus Maximus, you like SW as well.

Yep!

They will also have a new album out by PP...

Considering the acceleration between the first two albums in quality I'm holding my breath for this third album.

It's gonna kick some serious ass! :headbang:

Get SW and Pagan's Mind to share a stage.... WoW! o_O

Firewind would be very cool, they almost blew Kamelot from the stage last month in Paradiso...

Next to them, I would really like to see Thunderstorm (Italy) added. They made my favourite album of 2007, As we die alone. I know that they are planning a short autumn tour, this is a excellent opertunity!

Thunderstorm:

Last edited by a moderator: