ProgPower Europe - the pics

Awesome shots Henk. Esp. the PoS and Orphaned Land.

How were the rest of the bands? There are a few I've never heard of ...

P.S. Missed you in Atlanta this year, brother.

Sorry for not commenting on the quality of your pictures. They are very good. I can take pix like that, but I end up with only one or two from each band unless they have a really special stage presence like Angel Dust or tad Morose.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Where was Thor ? (Torben) of Anubis Gate ? I didn't see his burly ass !! He didn't sing for them ?

Bryant

Nope he didn't, this is what they say about that on their website:

Now, the bad news are that all the upcoming gigs this year will be without Torben on vocals. Torben is suffering from some strange illness on his voice, that keeps him from singing, and he might even have to undergo surgery later this year. We of course hope that Torben soon will feel better. Please send all your "best-wishes" and thoughts to him. For those gigs however, Henrik will take over the vocal position (as well of course as playing the bass). Since Henrik wrote a large part of lyrics and vocal melodies on the album, plus sang some leads and most of the backing vocals, we already know he is the man for doing the job. We're hoping for your support at those gigs, so all you rockers out there get your ass down to the venues and enjoy some metal :))))

Dell Vecc said:
Great pictures Henk. I spoke to you outside the show on Sunday afternoon.
I hope to maybe be there again next year.

Thanks, yep i remember. Would be great if you could make the trip next year again, if not, we might ran into eachother at PP usa if i make the trip again ;)

digitalink said:
Awesome shots Henk. Esp. the PoS and Orphaned Land.

How were the rest of the bands? There are a few I've never heard of ...

P.S. Missed you in Atlanta this year, brother.

Heaya Mike, yeah a pity i wasn't there this year.

The rest of the bands?.....well, overall it was a very good festival considering i didn't knew half the bands before. The first three bands on day 1 one were not really my cup of tea (we even left halfway the set of Throes of dawn, which was the weakest part of the entire weekend) but ok, just a bit of average metal music. The best surprise (ah well, knew it already after all the stories at PP usa) was Orphaned Land, great -live- band.

On day 2 we started with The Aurora Project, a typical sympho band, not bad but during the first 25 minutes i sometimes i had the feeling of falling asleep, just too mellow. The second big surprise that weekend was Dynamic Lights, great live performance from this talented band from Italy. I assume you know the rest of tha bands that played that day? ;)

Overall a very great festival

KingsGene said:
Forgive my ignorance, but the lady in Epica is smokin' hot...!

Simone = ultra babe

I get all googly over her the same way I imagine some preteen girl feels about them backdoor boys or whatever the hot boy band is.

It seems the convection of desiring a front stage personality is universal across music genres :D

Havermout said:
Heaya Mike, yeah a pity i wasn't there this year.

The rest of the bands?.....well, overall it was a very good festival considering i didn't knew half the bands before. The first three bands on day 1 one were not really my cup of tea (we even left halfway the set of Throes of dawn, which was the weakest part of the entire weekend) but ok, just a bit of average metal music. The best surprise (ah well, knew it already after all the stories at PP usa) was Orphaned Land, great -live- band.

On day 2 we started with The Aurora Project, a typical sympho band, not bad but during the first 25 minutes i sometimes i had the feeling of falling asleep, just too mellow. The second big surprise that weekend was Dynamic Lights, great live performance from this talented band from Italy. I assume you know the rest of tha bands that played that day? ;)

Overall a very great festival

Sounds like you had a killer time ... yeah, I thought Orphaned Land was awesome in Atlanta, too ... They played an acoustic set for the pre-party and it ruled. Their main stage set was great also, really cool guys.

See ya next time!:headbang: