Progpower IX prediction

Hey now. Glenn was thinking about announcing this year's whole lineup at last year's progpower (guessing that went away when he either couldn't get Savatage, or had to wait too long on the Nightwish deal).

So... no reason to not start suggesting now.

My prediction for ProgPower USA XLIII is a band from Belgium called "Rock-Alotta-Puss." They may not even be born yet, but I'm calling it right now.:Smokedev:

My prediction for ProgPower USA XLIII is a band from Belgium called "Rock-Alotta-Puss." They may not even be born yet, but I'm calling it right now.:Smokedev:

Hmmm.....interesting. Once could expect Belgium's metal scene to explode in the next year as there as been UN chatter about it for months. Keep your eyes peeled for other up-and-comers, too, like Burkina Faso or Qatar. :Smokin:

** THREAD DERAILMENT NOTICE **

Kamelot isn't being mentioned - at all - is that a reaction to the new album, the fact that they actually toured a little bit last album or do people feel they just cannot pull off the top slot at the Fest? Just curious - they wouldn't be my top choice, but I thought it odd that Khan seems to be a fave among many of the fest goers on the board - and it has been a little while since Kamelot played there.

Inquiring minds want to know,
Jeff

I predict that massive amounts of alcoholic beverages will be drank that weekend in or near the vicinity of the venue.... :kickass:

Kamelot isn't being mentioned - at all - is that a reaction to the new album, the fact that they actually toured a little bit last album or do people feel they just cannot pull off the top slot at the Fest? Just curious - they wouldn't be my top choice, but I thought it odd that Khan seems to be a fave among many of the fest goers on the board - and it has been a little while since Kamelot played there.

Jeff

I didnt find the new Kamelot to be as good as the last one, but maybe I should revisit it since I only listened to it a few times.

i predict suprise headline performances by fred durst and ludacris, and a wednesday night mystery show which turns out to be the members of pagans mind returning with the vocalists of virgin steele and sonata arctica to make up for their missout on this years all star jam, they will be covering the fresh prince of bel air theme song. This will cause an uproar and ultimately somehow give will smith legal rights to be the new singer of sonata arctica, which will start the fall of power and prog metal.

Jeff

I would like to see Kamelot, especially since they haven't come to Atlanta since PP5, but they did a full US tour last year and have another one coming up.

I'll be shocked if Iced Earth ever headlines PP. Prior to the release of the "Glorious Burden", Glenn commented that their price was too high. One would expect, their price will only go up. Plus, I don't see Jon having much desire to do a one off in the U.S. And when you consider Iced Earth plans to kick off a world tour in the U.S. in January, it doesn't seem like the timing is a great fit.

Zod

If I remember correctly, Glenn said in his "lineup thread" that he tried contacting Jon after Nightwish fell through but heard no reply, presumably because of Jon's family problems. From what I've heard, Iced Earth does have a pretty high guarantee, but I don't really think that's stopped Glenn from going after Iced Earth in recent months.

i predict suprise headline performances by fred durst and ludacris, and a wednesday night mystery show which turns out to be the members of pagans mind returning with the vocalists of virgin steele and sonata arctica to make up for their missout on this years all star jam, they will be covering the fresh prince of bel air theme song. This will cause an uproar and ultimately somehow give will smith legal rights to be the new singer of sonata arctica, which will start the fall of power and prog metal.

There's already one Smith attempting the downfall.

I'd be surprised if Glenn doesn't have his sites squarely set on Pyramaze. Given the uniqueness of their situation (only planning to do festival shows), bringing them in would bring that special element that Glenn is so fond of. And from a business perspective, Barlow himself can nearly pack the place with the Iced Earth faithful.

I'd agree with the Nightwish predictions. They see like a good bet for the next edition of ProgPower.

Zod

I don't think they *can* actually appear on the ProgPower roster until ProgPower X. (The 2 year rule....)

But maybe Glenn can make an exception, as in Evergrey... Maybe we could see Barlow and Ripper do a few tunes together...

I don't think they *can* actually appear on the ProgPower roster until ProgPower X. (The 2 year rule....)

But maybe Glenn can make an exception, as in Evergrey... Maybe we could see Barlow and Ripper do a few tunes together...

Glenn has said a few times in the past that if an exceptional circumstance comes up, that he'll throw the 2-year rule out, so I can definitely see this happening.

I am relly hoping for Savatage and Iced Earth as headliners. I'd also really like to see Dream Evil and Pyramaze (so we can see Barlowe with Iced Earth). All things considered, tho, I will be there no matter who is on the bill since Glenn always assembles an amazing roster...

I don't get why everyone thinks that if Pyramaze and Iced Earth are on the same bill, then Barlow will go and sing with Iced Earth again. I don't see that happening at all.