ProgPower Mention on Eddie Trunk

kvona1

Oct 22, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
I didn't see anything posted about this, but Blitz from Overkill was the guest on week 2 of Eddie Trunk's new podcast. I know Trunk doesn't have a ton of fans around here, but I've never had an issue with him. Classic Blitz humor throughout the interview, and towards the end, Eddie specifically asks Blitz about playing ProgPower this year. Blitz sounded enthusiastic about the show and spoke about how Overkill has been the odd band at festivals before and went on to tell a story about when they played a bill with predominantly black metal bands. Cool listen.....

He probably just mentioned it because he went to the Overkill tour page and then had to go to yahoo or google or wikipedia to see what Progpower is. :):):)

hell-freezes-over.jpg

I think Eddie is silly, but in the grand scheme of things....... he promotes metal. PPUSA getting mentioned on his show is definitely more a positive than a negative.

Bryant

towards the end, Eddie specifically asks Blitz about playing ProgPower this year.

Thank you for sharing and making us aware. I'm in no way calling you out, but wanted to clarify that Eddie didn't first mention ProgPower. He asked Bobby what the band's plan was for touring. Therefore, hell has NOT frozen over. :heh:

A quick google search, and I located the actual podcast. If anyone's interested, the ProgPower mention starts around the 54:35 mark.

Btw, Bobby seems like a great, fun guy!

~Jen

Thank you for sharing and making us aware. I'm in no way calling you out, but wanted to clarify that Eddie didn't first mention ProgPower. He asked Bobby what the band's plan was for touring. Therefore, hell has NOT frozen over. :heh:

A quick google search, and I located the actual podcast. If anyone's interested, the ProgPower mention starts around the 54:35 mark.

Btw, Bobby seems like a great, fun guy!

~Jen

Apologies Jen, you are 100% correct....for anyone that didn't listen Blitz did mention ProgPower first after Eddie asked about touring plans. I think I was just so happy and surprised when I heard the mention, I was thinking Eddie brought it up when he asked about the touring plans. Most importantly though, the band seems psyched for the opportunity and I think it will translate into a kick ass show on Friday.

Those questions are scripted.

Half the people stumble reading them because they themselves have no idea what they are even asking.

Getting a question wrong enables Trunk to put his book in the box as a prize for the winner. Therefore, even when Trunk loses, he wins......

Those questions are scripted.

Half the people stumble reading them because they themselves have no idea what they are even asking.

Getting a question wrong enables Trunk to put his book in the box as a prize for the winner. Therefore, even when Trunk loses, he wins......

Too bad you couldn't get a bunch of people to go rogue and ask unscripted questions about the bands in the PP lineup.

You know, I'm going on the MOR cruise. I am so going to pin him down and throw some Primal Fear and Pagan's Mind questions at him. :heh:

I was standing 10 feet from the man at the Dallas Overkill/Kreator show.. the smug was overwhelming.

And after he referred to Kreator as "new school thrash", I wanted to knock over the pile of books he had for sale.