Progpower Ringtones?

FatesFan

Dec 18, 2004
Anybody know any cool sites to get free ringtones of some of the types of bands/songs that are spoke about here on the forum?

I use mobile17 to download MP3's onto their site, in turn they crop the song and email it back to me. I then download the MP3 onto my phone to use as the ringtone. Only problem so far is I can't figure out how to increase the bitrate from 48. It doesn't seem very loud at that bitrate level.

http://mobile17.smashsworld.com

eppst1 said:
I use mobile17 to download MP3's onto their site, in turn they crop the song and email it back to me. I then download the MP3 onto my phone to use as the ringtone. Only problem so far is I can't figure out how to increase the bitrate from 48. It doesn't seem very loud at that bitrate level.

http://mobile17.smashsworld.com

Sweet! I'll check it out.

I made one myself of the beginning of Annubis (Tad Morose). It's cool as hell. Of course I can connect my phone via USB, so that helps. After listening to those, I have to say that it also helps that my phone supports mp3 ringtones, 'cuz the ones on that site sound like crap.

My phone does not support mp3.:erk: I think I have to stick to polyphonic. Thanks for the ideas and links.......................:kickass:

General Zod said:
This is why I love my phone. I can throw any MP3 I want on it and it plays loud and clear (and it's free).

Zod[/QUOTE

Maybe I should have done my homework when I decided to get this new phone. :Smug:

General Zod said:
This is why I love my phone. I can throw any MP3 I want on it and it plays loud and clear (and it's free).

Zod

Zod, I bet you can wake up a nice, quiet room when your phone rings then! :heh: I can see it now, Zod sitting in a wedding, and during the vows Nevermore plays! :headbang: :kickass:

FatesFan said:
Maybe I should have done my homework when I decided to get this new phone.
Actually, it turns out I'm a bit of a freak when it come to doing your homework. When my contract with Verizon ended, I switched to Cingular. I bought the w600i from Sony Ericsson. It seemed that, compared to Verizon, I was having more call issues. I thought, maybe it's the phone. So, Cingular allows one hardware switch during the first 30 days. I tried the RAZR. I liked that even less. Went to T-Mobile and tried the PEBL. Better than the RAZR, but not as good as the SE 600. Out of frustration, I went back to Verizon and got the Samsung SCH a950. Well, it turns out that Cingular wasn't having more call issues. Having always been under the impression that Verizon was hands down the best cellular carrier, I never actually noticed how many call issues I was having. I went back to Cingular and got the SE w600i. I have to say, I'm very pleased with Cingular and love my phone. It comes with 256MB worth or RAM, and I can simply drag and drop MP3s on to it. Plus, they sound great as ringtones. In addition, it has a megapixel camera and does video very well.

edgeofthorns said:
Zod, I bet you can wake up a nice, quiet room when your phone rings then! :heh: I can see it now, Zod sitting in a wedding, and during the vows Nevermore plays!
LOL. Actually, the opening notes to "Walking Shoes" by Tora Tora is my current ringtone.

Zod

I got mine from that MadiaPlazza or whatever..can't remember the site...
I have Nightwish - Nemo.
Very cute :p
ANd I bet no one else has it.... :rolleyes:

General Zod said:
Actually, it turns out I'm a bit of a freak when it come to doing your homework. When my contract with Verizon ended, I switched to Cingular. I bought the w600i from Sony Ericsson. It seemed that, compared to Verizon, I was having more call issues. I thought, maybe it's the phone. So, Cingular allows one hardware switch during the first 30 days. I tried the RAZR. I liked that even less. Went to T-Mobile and tried the PEBL. Better than the RAZR, but not as good as the SE 600. Out of frustration, I went back to Verizon and got the Samsung SCH a950. Well, it turns out that Cingular wasn't having more call issues. Having always been under the impression that Verizon was hands down the best cellular carrier, I never actually noticed how many call issues I was having. I went back to Cingular and got the SE w600i. I have to say, I'm very pleased with Cingular and love my phone. It comes with 256MB worth or RAM, and I can simply drag and drop MP3s on to it. Plus, they sound great as ringtones. In addition, it has a megapixel camera and does video very well.

Zod

Sweet. I didn't really have mp3's in mind when I bought mine and didn't really have the budget to go high end as I had to get 2 for me and the wife. I had some polyphonic ringtones of Symphony x on my last one but can't remember where I got them. To boot, the site I used to load and send the file from when to a pay site and I am not paying. It's not that I am cheap it is just that I am on a budget. Maybe next time I'll go the rout you did.

I have a Motorola V188 that allows me to hook up my phone to the computer with a usb cord. Motorola has a program that I acquired that allows you to create your own MP3 (or other format) ring tones, wall papers, and videos. I've currently got the opening part of The Tower from Avantasia as my ring tone and Peanut Butter Jelly Time as my txt msg ring. Only thing dissapointing about my phone is that I can only use different rings for stuff like calls, voicemail, txt msgs and not for individual people or groups. I'd have like 10 different songs on my phone otherwise.
I've got T-Mobile TOGO which saves me around $250 a year (I do NOT use a lot of minutes). For some reason this phone is no longer available as a TOGO phone but is still available with their regular plans for only $20 with signup.

FatesFan said:
Sweet. I didn't really have mp3's in mind when I bought mine and didn't really have the budget to go high end as I had to get 2 for me and the wife.
Although the phone has a built in MP3 player, I don't intend to use that fuctionality. But I like the fact that I can change the ringer to any MP3 I choose.

Zod