Progpower UK 2007

Aug 26, 2004
So..who's going?!

For those who don't know anything about it, I'll give you a brief explanation.

I'd guarantee even if you don't know any of the bands on the bill, but are into Prog/power metal there'll be some new band you will see and love. It's happened to me before. Pagan's Mind at the show this year absolutely blew me away. and the lineup this year is just killer.

It works out at under £5 a band. It's a brilliant relaxed venue. Nice places to sit down and the stage itself is brilliant. I like the fact that it's a really wide stage and not a long one. So lots of people have the chance of being closer to the front. The Metal Market brings you a variety of CD's at a brilliant price. There are signing sessions for every band so you can have a chat with whoever is there really. There are decent set times for every band, not just the headliners.

There isn't really an excuse to not to go to ProgPowerUK.

The Lineup this year:

Jon Oliva's Pain inc. Savatage Set
Kamelot Exclusive UK Show
Leaves Eyes
Communic
Haggard
Dreamscape
Scar Symmetry
Cloudscape

8 of the finest prog power acts at the moment. The festival is at Cheltenham Racecourse and is on the 31st of March 07.

All details can be found at www.progpoweruk.com

Hope to see you there and also at Dingwalls on Monday! :kickass:

i went last year but frankly the line up this year is no where near as good as last year.....so there is no way im going. shame because i enjoyed last year so much but i would just be disappointed if i went this year

It's a shame you think that. I personally think all the genre areas that were covered last year are covered again this year. I mean I only knew Kamelot before I looked up all the other bands, but i'd find it very odd if you didn't like ANY of the bands on the bill considering you liked last years!

PPUK now has a myspace though. See it here:

http://www.myspace.com/progpoweruk

Add PPUK as a friend and pass the message on! Bulletin your friends!

The More people who know about it, the more chance we have of seeing more excellent bands in the future...

You never know...Evergrey might be along one day

Hell yeah, I shall be going! I really enjoy Kamelot and Scar Symmetry are different gravy - awesome!
Cloudscape and Dreamscape are both very good bands with a lot of promise, and Communic are really cool.
To be honest, the only black mark on this line-up is that Jon Oliva's Pain are headling, not Kamelot!
The only thing that would radically improve the line-up would be the addition of PoS and Evergrey, but then, I'm not being very realistic!