ProgPower UK

renejanssen

Apr 19, 2005
Baarlo, The Netherlands
www.progpower.eu
Hi,

I was just wondering if there are some people from this board who will be travelling to Cheltenham, UK, to visit ProgPower UK 2007? We will be travelling from Baarlo to the UK with 9 people, we stay 1 day in Londen, 1 day at ProgPower UK and than we are off to The Netherlands again.

Anyone else who will be in Cheltenham?

Rene

Hi Renejanssen,

Received my tickets for PPUK last week. Very excited with the line up although Scar Symmetry have pulled out and have been replaced by "heed". Ordered their album and sound really good....

Last year we went there and allthough it has not the atmosphere of ProgPower Europe, everything was pretty well orginized. Very professional, we are really glad that Jon contacted us to organize PP UK. We really look forward to be there again, and of course we love to hang around in the pubs in London the day before :).

Russel, congratulations with your daughter Stina, everything goes well I hope? Our daughter Kim is doing well, 10 weeks old now.

Hi,

Well, the trip to the UK was absolutely thrilling!! We travelled with 9 people to London on Friday 30 March, where we stayed for 1 day. We had a lot of fun in the pubs and we ended up in a metal-disco!! Believe me, that was something really special, if you ever go to London I can only recommend this place.

On 31 March we travelled to Cheltenham were we visited PP UK for the second time. Many improvemenst have been made and we enjoyed a great day of good music. Communic was awesome and Haggard was also a major surprise. But we can assure you that you will love DREAMSCAPE and especially JON OLIVA'S PAIN at ProgPower Europe, both bands belonged to the highlights of the day.

So all in all it was wonderful and we already decided to go back next year!

Rene

I heard many describing JOP as the best show ever seen;o)
So I'm longin' for Baarlo;)

But first I'm goin' down southwest Sweden to see Wolverine performing(and Stefan has promised a new song on the setlist!) at GMF

Bummer, but I'm not going. I would have loved to have seen Kamelot again! I'll be going in 2008, because I'll be in the UK by then. :)

Hi Mark,

Very nice review you wrote there and great pics too. (already knew it, but i need that D200 as well :heh: ) .

greetings,
Henk

(curious about your review and pics of Headway as well, the light conditions were much poorer compared to PP UK according the pics in your review. I needed a lot of adjustment to get at least a decent amount of nice pics)

Hey Henk :)

Glad you liked the review + pics. And yes, time for you to upgrade from your D70!! Don't be tempted by that D2X though :lol:

I got some fairly decent snaps at Headway, but the lighting was generally not too good like you say. Lots of back-lighting which made for a few atmospheric shots, but ruined many others!

See ya at PP Europe (with your D200?!)