ProgPower USA lineup finalized

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
ProgPower USA XI Lineup Finalized

The full lineup for the 11th annual installment of ProgPower USA -- the largest alignment of progressive, classic and power metal bands on American soil -- has been announced for this September's festivities.

As always, the massive event, held in Atlanta, Georgia, will include a plethora of both stateside and European acts, including headlining acts Kamelot, Accept and Hammerfall, along with Turisas, Nocturnal Rites, Tyr and more. This year's festival will also mark the first American appearances from Paradox, Leprous, Delain, Tarot (featuring Marcto Hietala of Nightwish), Seventh Wonder and many more international acts.

In addition to the main two days of the event, there will be two days of pre-fest shows and activities based around ProgPower, including a Mid-Week Mayhem show on Wednesday, September 8th, and a Fest Kick-Off Show on Thursday, September 9th.

There are actually only approximately 300 tickets still available for the fest, so don't wait! View the full lineup below, and check out the official website for ProgPower USA for full details, ticket info, the history of the fest and more: http://www.progpowerusa.com

PROGPOWER USA XI ITINERARY:

9/08/2010 ProgPower USA XI Mid-Week Mayhem

Ross the Boss (New York) - "A Night of Manowar Classics" with Scott Columbus
Vangough (Oklahoma)
Seven Kingdoms (Florida)

9/09/2010 ProgPower USA XI Kick-Off

Accept (Germany) 10:45 - close
Leprous (Norway)* 9:15 - 10:15
Borealis (Canada) 8:00 - 8:45
Six Minute Century (Texas, USA) 6:45 - 7:30

9/10/2010 ProgPower USA Day 1

Kamelot (US/Norway)
Nocturnal Rites (Sweden)
Turisas (Finland)
Tyr (Faroe Islands)
Seventh Wonder (Sweden) *
Leaves' Eyes (Norway/Germany)
Illusion Suite (Norway) *

9/11/2010 ProgPower USA Day 2

Hammerfall (Sweden)
Tarot (Finland) *
Delain (The Netherlands) *
DGM (Italy) *
Oceans of Sadness (Belgium) *
Stormwarrior (Germany) *
Paradox (Germany) *

* = first ever performance on American soil

http://www.progpowerusa.com

Accept being one of the headliners at a PROGpower festival kills me! I'm ashamed....
:erk:

Let's first define "progpower" before bashing the USA line up, that I think is awesome.
I don't think JOP is that progressive as well....though I love 'em.

Well, the line-up guarantees a nice "fist in the air and bang your head" party, no doubt about that. But it's not prog at all.

As for defining progpower, I think it should be about progressive music, containing enough power. So next year, I expect Rene to book in the true "prog power" spirit, with bands like Dillinger Escape Plan, Hacride, Solstafir, Akphaezya, Protest The Hero, Pain of Salvation, Meshuggah, Animals As Leaders, Keelhaul & Disillusion ;)

Let's first define "progpower" before bashing the USA line up, that I think is awesome.
I don't think JOP is that progressive as well....though I love 'em.

I agree that there's at least a glimpse of prog in JOP.
Concerning Accept, I totally disagree in anything being prog, and almost disagree in them being a power metal band.

And.. yes, I do think there'd be quite a lot of bands that could bring in a lot more prog to the power than in this year's line up of ppe - except Shadow Gallery. But concerning that last sentence, there is some general taste to be maintained. (I prefer the musical oddity way over the cookies....)

I like both cookies and musical oddity :) And about JOP not being that progressive, I must admit I've kinda got out of touch since Savatage stopped, but since I always read about how JOP is a continuation of Sava I think it definitely fits more or less into the "prog" corner of metal. I dunno if you ever heard Gutter Ballet, but it was a completely different record compared to what came before. Accept and Hammerfall, even if they have decent musicians are everything but prog. And seriously, don't get me started about DeLAME!! Or Leaves Eyes, those are both bands that've just hopped onto the "16-year-old-chicks-dig-gothic" Train.

And the midweek. "A night of manowar classics" Not prog at all. Though I'd have a blast, but it just isn't prog.

*yells* They will feel the power of my SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD! \m/