10.09.2010 - ProgPower - USA - CANCELLED

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Turisas is confirmed for ProgPower USA.

MID-WEEK MAYHEM PARTY
WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 8, 2010:
Ross the Boss (with special guest Scott Columbus): “A Night of Manowar Classics”
Vangough (US)
Seven Kingdoms (US)

PROGPOWER USA KICK-OFF
THURSDAY, SEPT 9, 2010:
Accept (Germany)
Leprous (Denmark)
Borealis (Canada)
Six Minute Century (US)

PROGPOWER USA DAY 1
FRIDAY, SEPT. 10, 2010:
Kamelot (US/Norway)
Nocturnal Rites (Sweden)
TURISAS (Finland)
Tyr (Faroe Islands)
Seventh Wonder (Sweden)
Leaves' Eyes (Norway/Germany)
Illusion Suite (Norway)

PROGPOWER USA DAY 2
SATURDAY, SEPT. 11, 2010:
Hammerfall (Sweden)
Tarot (Finland)
Delain (The Netherlands)
DGM (Italy)
Oceans of Sadness (Belgium)
Stormwarrior (Germany)
Paradox (Germany)

Less than 300 tickets remain.

www.progpowerusa.com

yet it is not officially confirmed by the band. keep that in mind please.

yet it is not officially confirmed by the band. keep that in mind please.

Contract confirmed by their U.S. booking agent, The Agency Group.

Permission to announce given by same.

I'm sure it will indeed take a bit of time for things to go through channels and the band to announce it.

I have booked everyone from Blind Guardian to Nightwish to Savatage to the list goes on and on over the past 10 years. I have never announced a band that was not confirmed.

cheers,

Glenn

wasn´t meant personal ;)
just got sceptical mit festivals announcing bands that didnt announce it already themselves ;))

i really like the line-up, first time I´d be vry happy to be in the USA when it comes to gigs/festivals XD

Note 1: a statement from the band will follow.

Note 2: to prevent this thread from posts including insulting things either to the band, management or promoters,I tell you that I will delete ALL insulting stuff from your messages if needed.

Statement from the band:

As you may have already found out, TURISAS have been forced to cancel their scheduled appearance at ProgPower USA XI Festival on 10 September. The reason for this is changes beyond our control to the album production schedule, which in turn has radically changed our planned touring schedule for 2010. This meant that ProgPower, instead of being a great way to kick off a US tour, would have ended up being a one-off show. The band simply could not afford to fly over from Helsinki and back for one festival.

Having spent then a week trying to find a realistic way to get round this and still make the show happen (but without success), the management and booking agency had to make the hard decision to cancel. To make matters worse, there were then some communication problems which meant that the promoter did not find out what was going on nearly as soon as he should have.

The band is sincerely sorry about it all, first for having to cancel the gig, and second for the poor communication about the changed schedule. Everybody in the Turisas camp was excited about appearing at ProgPower USA and kicking off a US tour in September, and we're sorry for not being able to make it there as planned. Apologies go to all of you who wanted to see us at the festival as well as anyone who made the "blind sponsorship bids" for this festival gig, and of course the promoter and festival organizers who work hard to put these bills together in the first place.

We fully intend to make up for this mess in the near future - we WILL be back in the States very soon and will make sure nothing like this happens again.

Warlord Nygard & Olli Vanska / Turisas

No matter how many times this has happened among other artists and bands in the history of showbiz, when it happens, it always is an earthshaking occurrence.
petting.gif