ProgPower USA KICK-OFF Headliner announced!!!!!!

Of the two German bands you've demonstrated a near restraining-order like fanaticism for, this was not the one I was hoping for.

Hmmmm... well many of us, me certainly included, would love to see Vanden Plas again. I do hope their visa issues can be taken care of one day in the near future.
Having said that, I think Accept will blow the roof off of the place, personally. I have gone and listened to some TTQuick stuff back when Accept announced their return and I think Mark will fit in very well. Many times these "classic" bands doing reunions don't do so well. I am seriously hoping Accept will be the acception to the rule. Gaby (aka Deaffy) wrote it best.... "Can't you see I'm the exception to the rule. I know what I want and I know I'm gonna get it."

Bryant

Awesome job, Shane!

I'll admit that I was kind of skeptical about the Showcase after the initial announcement. Six Minute Century was the only band I was looking forward to seeing, and I was having a hard time convincing my significant other that they alone would be worth another night in a hotel. This announcement certainly makes the choice a lot easier! I can't wait to see Accept! I'm especially glad that they have Mark Tornillo in the band. I actually saw T.T. Quick at Powermad almost a decade ago, and they were pretty good. I have to agree with my fellow old-school forum members about them. They certainly didn't get the attention that they deserved. At any rate, now I only have to convince Orbweaver that Vangough alone is worth just one more night in a hotel!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

According to a few things I found on the net the guy that did Wahlberg's voice was Steelheart frontman Miljenko Matijevic.

Jeff Scott Soto provided the voice of the Steel Dragon's original singer whom Wahlberg's character replaces.

Britt

Nick tells me he is also the same singer who sang all of Mark Walberg's vocal parts in the movie "Rockstar." Since that's the case, I'm now very interested in seeing this inception of Accept! :headbang:

Steelheart's singer most definitely sung at least some of the songs from Rockstar.The song "We All Die Young" is on one of Steelheart's album.

Of the two German bands you've demonstrated a near restraining-order like fanaticism for, this was not the one I was hoping for.

Yeah but in terms of Vanden Plas, it's not for lack of trying. They essentially haven't come because their Visas have gotten screwed/from what someone tells me they got in without actual work Visas.

Maybe I should give that one [Restless & Wild] a go and see. I've never listened to anything off that one. Hell, I've mostly just listened to the tracks off of Balls to the Wall.

Accept make no excuses. Their brand of metal is simple and to the point. It is a no-frills, head-banging, horns-throwing, fist-pounding journey through heavy metal music. Don't look for any 'Dream Theater' or 'Pain of Salvation' here. Don't look for any radio hits either. No sir. You won't find them.
And many of their lyrics - much like other metal bands that came from the Euro industrial work force of the 70's and 80' - are anthems for the downtrodden lower and middle class workers. Everyone is quite familiar with the anthems Balls to the Wall and Metal Heart. But from the 1981 album BREAKER comes one of the (in my opinion) heaviest songs ACCEPT ever produced: 'Feelings'...

You gotta be a strong man
And know what you want,
And fight ev'ryone in your way

You're the one who sweats
And what do you get
When someone else picks up your pay

Hey, when you're fightin' a wolf,
it's a fight to the end with a pack

You work all day long,
You're stuck to the phone
Burn up a hundred cigarettes

The yes - men you know
They tell you no go
And dissatisfaction's all you get

Oh, when you're needing a queen
ev'ry card that you get is a jack

Accept what we do
This message to you
Is rock forever and ever
We've still got the feel
The music is real
And we'll rock'n'roll forever, forever

You gotta be strong
We'll rock'n'roll
Forever

No sword and no knife
Can help you survive
Survival is a busines head

A good deal you need
Or you're lost in their greed
You're rotten, helpless, dead

Accept what we do
This message to you
Is rock forever and ever
We've still got the feel
The music is real

Accept what we do
This message to you
Is rock forever and ever
We've still got the feel
The music is real
And we'll rock'n'roll forever

I love ACCEPT. Because they write songs for me and you and you and you. And I am now more anxious than ever for a ProgPower USA event to arrive. :cool:

Steelheart's singer most definitely sung at least some of the songs from Rockstar.The song "We All Die Young" is on one of Steelheart's album.

Miljenko Matijevic sang "We All Die Young," "Blood Pollution" and "Long Live Rock N Roll." Jeff Scott Soto sang the rest.

Mark Tornillo didn't sing on Rock Star soundtrack. whoever said that needs to go back to heavy metal high school. :headbang:

also, if you don't own TT QUICK's Metal Of Honor you should be ashamed of yourself. Tornillo is a beast.

Miljenko Matijevic sang "We All Die Young," "Blood Pollution" and "Long Live Rock N Roll." Jeff Scott Soto sang the rest.

Mark Tornillo didn't sing on Rock Star soundtrack. whoever said that needs to go back to heavy metal high school. :headbang:

also, if you don't own TT QUICK's Metal Of Honor you should be ashamed of yourself. Tornillo is a beast.

I believe Miljenko also sung "Livin The Life (I Was Born To Live)" on that soundtrack and maybe "Wasted Generation" also.
I will definitely try your reccomendation on TT QUICK as I know nothing about them or this Tornillo guy.I don't want to be the only one at the Accept show not knowing anything by them expect Balls To The Walls and Metal Heart.

Accept make no excuses. Their brand of metal is simple and to the point. It is a no-frills, head-banging, horns-throwing, fist-pounding journey through heavy metal music. Don't look for any 'Dream Theater' or 'Pain of Salvation' here. Don't look for any radio hits either. No sir. You won't find them.
And many of their lyrics - much like other metal bands that came from the Euro industrial work force of the 70's and 80' - are anthems for the downtrodden lower and middle class workers. Everyone is quite familiar with the anthems Balls to the Wall and Metal Heart. But from the 1981 album BREAKER comes one of the (in my opinion) heaviest songs ACCEPT ever produced: 'Feelings'...

And know what you want,

And what do you get

You work all day long,

The yes - men you know
They tell you no go

Accept what we do
This message to you
Is rock forever and ever
We've still got the feel
The music is real

You gotta be strong
We'll rock'n'roll
Forever

No sword and no knife
Can help you survive

A good deal you need

Accept what we do
This message to you
Is rock forever and ever
We've still got the feel
The music is real

Accept what we do
This message to you
Is rock forever and ever
We've still got the feel
The music is real

I love ACCEPT. Because they write songs for me and you and you and you. And I am now more anxious than ever for a ProgPower USA event to arrive. :cool:

Great tune, AND, IMO, the best Accept release. I remember buying Breaker (the US crap edited version) soon as it came out. It was my first Accept record.....

And know what you want,

And what do you get

You work all day long,

The yes - men you know
They tell you no go

Accept what we do
This message to you
Is rock forever and ever
We've still got the feel
The music is real

You gotta be strong
We'll rock'n'roll
Forever

No sword and no knife
Can help you survive

A good deal you need

Accept what we do
This message to you
Is rock forever and ever
We've still got the feel
The music is real

Accept what we do
This message to you
Is rock forever and ever
We've still got the feel
The music is real

Well put!! :headbang:

Very cool. I've been wanting this for years! However, it's bittersweet without Udo. He invented power (and speed) metal, i.e. "Fast as a Shark." Let's hope they do the complete Balls to the Wall album!

And know what you want,

And what do you get

You work all day long,

The yes - men you know
They tell you no go

Accept what we do
This message to you
Is rock forever and ever
We've still got the feel
The music is real

You gotta be strong
We'll rock'n'roll
Forever

No sword and no knife
Can help you survive

A good deal you need

Accept what we do
This message to you
Is rock forever and ever
We've still got the feel
The music is real

Accept what we do
This message to you
Is rock forever and ever
We've still got the feel
The music is real

Accept was one of the FIRST metal bands I got into (alongside Maiden, Twisted Sister, Grim Reaper), and the music they have done always resonated with me. If you hate 'em, that's fine, because none of us who love them care. Just don't bug me when they are playing. :)