ProgPower USA KICK-OFF Headliner announced!!!!!!

Beholder

Apr 16, 2002
Houston
www.krucibleband.com
The Legends are Back! Accept confirmed for ProgPower USA

Reformed German metal legends, Accept, have been confirmed as the headliner of the ProgPower USA Kick-Off on September 9th in Atlanta, GA. This will be their first headline show in Atlanta in their illustrious thirty year career.

The band’s lineup consists of:
Mark Tornillo – Vocals
Wolf Hoffmann – Guitars
Herman Frank – Guitars
Peter Baltes – Bass
Stefan Schwarzman – Drums

“Blood Of the Nations” is the first ACCEPT studio album in over a decade and the first to feature Mark Tornillo on
vocals. It was recorded over the winter of 2009-2010 at Backstage Studio in Derbyshire, England with celebrated
British producer, Sabbat guitarist and long-time ACCEPT fan Andy Sneap (Megadeth, Exodus, Arch Enemy,
Nevermore). It is currently scheduled for an April release.

Wolf sums it up plain and simple: “Something amazing has happened. We seem to have been transformed from one world into another… these new songs simply bursted out of a vault that has been locked up for too long! We’re not sure where Blood of the Nations and all this new excitement will ultimately take us; we only know one thing: We never had it this good!”
The remaining schedule for the 11th edition of North America’s premier progressive & power metal festival is set:

MID-WEEK MAYHEM PARTY
WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 8, 2010:
Ross the Boss (with special guest Scott Columbus): “A Night of Manowar Classics”
Vangough (US)
Seven Kingdoms (US)

PROGPOWER USA KICK-OFF
THURSDAY, SEPT 9, 2010:
Accept (Germany)
Leprous (Denmark)
Borealis (Canada)
Six Minute Century (US)

PROGPOWER USA DAY 1
FRIDAY, SEPT. 10, 2010:
Kamelot (US/Norway)
Nocturnal Rites (Sweden)
Tyr (Faroe Islands)
Seventh Wonder (Sweden)
Leaves' Eyes (Norway/Germany)
Stormwarrior (Germany)
Illusion Suite (Norway)

PROGPOWER USA DAY 2

SATURDAY, SEPT. 11, 2010:
Hammerfall (Sweden)
Tarot (Finland)
Delain (The Netherlands)
DGM (Italy)
Oceans of Sadness (Belgium)
Paradox (Germany)

Ticket and schedule information is available at www.progpowerusa.com .

AcceptColor-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the delay in announcing the headliner!!! I'm stoked to bring ACCEPT to the show for the first time!!!! I've been a huge fan for a long time, and I know they will not dissapoint!!!!! It's been a long excruciating process nailing down the headliner for Thursday this year, but Accept was painless and a pleasure to line-up!!!!

Tickets will go on sale as soon as I can get it set up, hopefully by week's end and I will post back here as soon as they are!!!!

Thanks again to Glenn for the help with the event! :0 Now go get married brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best, Shane

I can see a lot of people happy about this!

Unfortunately, however, I have to say it's not for me. This confirms what I was afraid of... It'll be tough to make it on Thursday just for Leprous.

Damn they are as old as me, Shane be sure to have plenty of Ibuphrofen and Ice packs ready. But this is awesome news.

I was on the fence about attending Thursday but this cements my butt there for sure, UDO or No UDO!!

WHOAH!!!!!!! :headbang:

If you had asked me to pick one band to fill the slot for Thursday night, I would have chosen ACCEPT, but I still wasn't actually expecting it...thanks for making it happen!!!!!!! :worship:kickass:

(not to nitpick the release...or maybe I misunderstood it...but I actually saw ACCEPT headline the Fox Theater here back in, I think, August of 1985 on the Metal Heart tour...maybe it was considered a co-headline with HELIX...either way, I am unbelievably stoked by this announcement!!!!!!!)

WHOAH!!!!!!! :headbang:

If you had asked me to pick one band to fill the slot for Thursday night, I would have chosen ACCEPT, but I still wasn't actually expecting it...thanks for making it happen!!!!!!! :worship:kickass:

(not to nitpick the release...or maybe I misunderstood it...but I actually saw ACCEPT headline the Fox Theater here back in, I think, August of 1985 on the Metal Heart tour...maybe it was considered a co-headline with HELIX...either way, I am unbelievably stoked by this announcement!!!!!!!)

didn;t they headline a show at the Fox with Keel and a 3rd band on the undercard???

Cool! Not as much of a fan anymore, but they were my favorite back in the EARLY 80s (before Balls to the Wall). In fact, they were the VERY FIRST concert I ever went to. They opened for Kiss on the Balls to the Wall tour. It will cool to see them again.

I wasn't going to nitpick the release either, but ACCEPT has certainly done a headline tour for METAL HEART. I do not know though if they played Atlanta, though some here say yes.