ProgPower USA Motel Roommate Search Thread

PowerProg_Adam

New Metal Member
Aug 3, 2010
Two of us are wanting to book the closest room to Center Stage as we can get. Since the Artmore is sold out we are wanting to reserve a room at Residence Inn which is virtually next door. Since motels can be rather pricey for anyone and we are attending all four days of the festival, if any one or two people are interested in rooming together and splitting the cost please message me and I can quote you an approximate price. They want the entire amount of the room paid before staying, but I am willing to pay it all and be reimbursed if anyone is interested in rooming. I hear this motel is really nice and you won't regret staying there and are as close to all of the action and excitement you can get.

If anyone else has plans to stay at another motel, feel free to use this thread as well and express where you are staying and what you are looking for in terms of roommates.

Hope everyone enjoys the festival and has the best room they can get. See you all in September.

Adam

I'm only attending Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

I have a double queen room booked at the former Super 8 (now America's Best Value Inn) on Peachtree NE, and I'm looking to split the cost with someone. Definitely the least ritzy place in the area, but correspondingly much cheaper. I've yet to have a truly negative experience there, though it's nothing to write home about. This fest is not about sleeping of course, but about having such a good time that you collapse in the bed and don't wake up until it's time to do it again! For that, this place suffices. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to the venue, up a slight incline and across a couple streets (with crosswalks).

Me, I'm a gringo living in Texas, mid-thirties, married. I'm not a party animal type. I don't smoke, I drink in moderation, I try to be nice and respectful. I've gone to PPUSA every year but one because I love the MUSIC and I love many of the people I see every year there.

More information on the Residence Inn. It is 0.05 miles from Center Stage, so pretty much as close as you can possibly get. If we find one more person to stay with us it would cost $323 each for all four days. If we find two more people it would cost $242 per person.

If you'd like to get to know more about us first you are welcome to add our facebook profiles.

https://www.facebook.com/hvymtl66
https://www.facebook.com/swordfishnight

I have a suite booked at the Regency Suites for all 4 nights. It's booked and paid for. Only one bed, but I'd be perfectly happy to sleep on the floor if someone wanted to pay a little less than half of the cost, around $300.

I kinda got screwed by the Artmore and wasn't able to get a room there, but I'd *like* to stay there -- anyone staying there need a roommate? (Or anyone change their mind and is getting rid of a room?). I'd hate to have to end up staying anywhere else!

-j

Count me in as another person who had a reservation at the Artmore and suddenly it "disappeared." My room was going to have 3 people total. Anyone who's going to be getting rid of an Artmore or Residence Inn reservation, PLEASE let me know.

Willing to bribe. :lol:

Count me in as another person who had a reservation at the Artmore and suddenly it "disappeared." My room was going to have 3 people total. Anyone who's going to be getting rid of an Artmore or Residence Inn reservation, PLEASE let me know.

Willing to bribe. :lol:

There's always a space for you in our bed :D;)

Hey everyone,
Looking forward to my third year at ProgPower! And I've finally been able to get a friend to come with me! We're gonna make it to all four days of festivities and we're hoping to stay close by. If anybody is searching for two more roommates, please contact me.

Thanks,
Eric Roberts

Signal boosting myself a little bit. The Artmore made it impossible for me to actually get a room from them when they were available, so still looking for one -- either someone cancelling their stay (and can transfer their reservation to me), or someone that needs a roommate. Anyone?

I'm looking for a place to stay close to the venue for Friday night only.
I have a friend in Woodstock, but an hour drive after the show and partying does not sound appealing to me.
I am open to floor/couch crashing and will pay you in money and/or beer.
Any takers?

For the second year in a row, I've had a roommate back out. So, I'm looking for 1 more person to share a suite at the Regency Suites. There will be 3 of us in the room total. Room is booked for Wed to Sun. Your portion will be less than $250. No smoking please, and we are both quiet.

If anyone is passing by Pensacola fl (north west florida) I would pay for hotel if some pics us up from florida, my dl just got suspended , i would get you a hotel room (2 or 3 nights 2 beds) and even give you 2 Saturday tickets for whoever gives us(gf and I) ride round trip. email me isra_ice@hotmail.com.
let me know ASAP before rooms get sold out.