ProgPower USA VI: SOLD-OUT

Congrats Glenn! It truely is a great festival you put on. This will be our third and can't wait. I don't even know most of the bands this year, but that has been the case the last two years also. I know you will not let me down! Maybe it is time to move it up to a 2500 seat place. I would hate to see it moved from the Earthlink, but I think you may be missing out on more $$$! This show and this type of music is starting to get more popular around the country it seems. See ya in September! :headbang:

Congrats, nice to see the interest in the festival. Will see everyone down there in September.

Next year? DRAGONFORCE.

oh yea, and Pyramaze since they've been mentioned in PP rumors the past few years, why stop now?

Awesome! A new record! We did it! :headbang: :worship:

SavaRon said:
Maybe it is time to move it up to a 2500 seat place. I would hate to see it moved from the Earthlink, but I think you may be missing out on more $$$! This show and this type of music is starting to get more popular around the country it seems.

If it had sold out quickly the first day, I might agree with ya...but it seems as though it's in a perfect location now, unless Glenn "ups the stakes" and starts booking some big-draw (and much more expensive) talent. Here's why: Tickets sold swiftly for the first day, nearly filling the venue, but plateaued out after that. A 2,500-seat venue would take months, if it ever sold out at all...and from our investigations waybackwhen, it would NEED to sell out for Glenn to reasonably make a profit -- one venue that we looked at here charged double what Earthlink Live wanted, which isn't surprising since it was about double the size.

For the type of fest that Glenn's currently booking, Earthlink Live is just about the perfect size: anyone who wanted to attend and who knew about the ticket sale-date was able to get tickets; those who had to raise some money had three full days to raise the cash. And, as we know, Earthlink Live has so much else going for it in addition to its size, everything from good backstage amenities -- not many venues have five potential dressing rooms backstage! -- to things we tend to overlook, like.....a curtain!

Glenn has struck upon a truly winning combination of bands and venue. I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's an eloquent example of how one person's vision and effort (and risk) can change the course of metal in the States...forever.

Congratulations Glenn! I very look forward to this festival every year and I know sellout status is what makes it all worthwhile.

You must be doing a happy dance about this!