ProgPower USA VI: SOLD-OUT

Every band that people have named already would be awesome, but here are my picks

Demons & Wizards - above all this is the number one choice
Dies Ire - epic
Masterplan - havent heard too much, but am really diggin it
Shaaman - I havent heard their new cd and really I have only heard a little from the live cd which I thought was awesome
Pyramaze - obvious reasons
Katagory V - Played the preparty last year might as well move on up
Imagika - Powerfest why not Progpower
Paragon - Awesome power metal
Sonata Artica - I am really into reckoning night
Rhapsody - If they can tour with Manowar why not Progpower
Seven Witches - Jack Frost is the man
Persuader - this is a must I love mp3 they have on the net Sanity Soiled
Mercenary - enough reasons
Kaledon
Intense
Falconer
Dragonforce

Well I think that is enough bands for like 3 or 4 years of Progpower. Does anyone else think that we are a little on discussing this?

Stoink said:
Well I think that is enough bands for like 3 or 4 years of Progpower. Does anyone else think that we are a little on discussing this?

Early? Definitely a yes on that....^_^

It's never early to talk about the bands you wanna see in the next edition of the fest... You should all know that by now...It's not like we've never done it before...

Plus, by doing that we get to see people's opinions on bands... And what a way to find out about good bands that we don't know about if not by seeing other people saying good things about them? It's definetly my favorite way of "discovering bands"...

I havent heard arcturus yet, but I do know that they have Vortex as the new lead singer and that is enough me to know that I am going to love them. Vortex has easily my favorite voice in metal today.

Amen!

Last night at WREKage we had a Minneapolis-based extreme metal band called Epicurean as in-studio guests, and one of their requests was for Dimmu Borgir's "The Insight and the Catharsis" -- which, of course, features a lot of Vortex/Simen's vocals. Let's just say that those studio Infinity monitors got quite a workout, especially during the last part of the song.:tickled: :headbang:

A little about Arcturus....

Their ex-vocalist, Garm, he's one of my favorite vocalists. I think he upstages Vortex even. Until they record some new things, he's done basically the vocals on all of their releases, so it will be interesting to hear the new material when the new album comes out in August. The only upside of Garm leaving is that they tour, since I don't think he liked touring, and they didn't really tour at all until he left.

Albums I would recommend would be 'La Masquerade Infernale' and 'The Sham Mirrors.' They're both different from eachother, but still both amazing. The 'Aspera Hiems Symfonia/Constellation' compilation is symphonic black metal, it's really excellent also, but I would recommend getting the other two first.

I'm suprised so many people pick up on Vortex just from Dimmu Borgir anyway, as that crappy band horribly underuses him. If you want to hear something that really shows his greatness, you really have to listen to "The Chaos Path" by Arcturus. He does guest vocals on that song, although you can still hear Garm in some of the background parts. It's a really beautiful song.