ProgPower USA XVII: "Glenn's Choice" Announcement

So, should we pester them about their PP playlist when they play here on Friday? :)

(I'm using the general sense of "we" here; I'll be stuck at work and then holding down the fort at WREKage until everyone ELSE gets there after the BG show. :lol: )

How do you power metal but not BG!? Very difficult to fathom.

UnpopularOpinion70K says:
I don't know, they just don't do it for me. They were definitely one of the first power metal bands I got into about 15ish years ago, but I feel like either you're a rabid BG fanboy or you're not. I'm not.

However, I love Persuader, which is basically a super poor man's Blind Guardian. So go figure.

Excellent choice, although one that would have been even better if BG wasn't already playing Atlanta this week.

I'm wondering why the early announcement (it was originally scheduled for Monday). Perhaps they want to pre-empt the band letting the cat out of the bag, either intentionally or by accident.

Between Spock's Beard and BG, I'm definitely going to man the computer on December 5. Let's hope they don't have the TM problems they did when the main festival tickets went on sale.

No need to beg...we got this tonight in Atlanta :D
I have a reasonably expansive vocabulary - especially when it comes to profanity - and I'm at a loss for words on how to express my feelings about that. I'm going to assume you're not bullshitting me since someone else posted in the Blind Guardian tour thread that they played it, but...wow. I'm beyond jealous.

Reactions: Mynock
While they are big names, the Wed/Thu headliners are only mildly interesting for me. I'm far more interested in acts like Circus Maximus, Lord, Pyramaze and Spock's Beard. So far, the lineup is very heavy on the Power, and lacking on the prog. Still, I am very much looking forward to it. As the old saying goes, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

So far, the lineup is very heavy on the Power, and lacking on the prog. Still, I am very much looking forward to it. As the old saying goes, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

And the exact opposite complaint was voiced about Fri/Sat. So, let's look at it over a 4 day period as it is meant to be:

Yes, you can argue labels but I am confident in going with what would be a general consensus.

Anneke van Giersbergen/The Gentle Storm - prog
Ascendia - prog/power
Blind Guardian- power
Circus Maximus- prog
Devin Townsend-prog
Dragonforce- power
Fates Warning with John Arch- traditional
Freedom Call- power
Gloryhammer- power
Green Carnation - prog
Haken- prog
Lord- power
Refug- power
Pyramaze- prog/power
Savage Messiah- power
Scar Symmetry- prog
Serious Black- power
Spock's Beard - prog
Stream of Passion- symphonic
Vanishing Point- prog/power

prog -7
power - 8
prog/power- 3
other- 2

I'd say the balance is about right.

Reactions: Kez
And the exact opposite complaint was voiced about Fri/Sat. So, let's look at it over a 4 day period as it is meant to be:

Yes, you can argue labels but I am confident in going with what would be a general consensus.

Anneke van Giersbergen/The Gentle Storm - prog
Ascendia - prog/power
Blind Guardian- power
Circus Maximus- prog
Devin Townsend-prog
Dragonforce- power
Fates Warning with John Arch- traditional
Freedom Call- power
Gloryhammer- power
Green Carnation - prog
Haken- prog
Lord- power