From ProgPower USA Facebook page :

We proudly present our 2017 roster:

Friday:
Sunburst (Greece)
Distorted Harmony (Israel)
Lords Of Black (Spain)
Angel Dust (Germany) **US EXCLUSIVE**
Myrath (Tunisia)
Mike Portnoy's Shattered Fortress (USA/TBA)

Saturday:
Teramaze (Australia)
Dynazty (Sweden)
Snowy Shaw (Sweden)
Pain (Sweden)
Amaranthe (Sweden)
Katatonia (Sweden)

Dates: September 8-9, 2017
Tickets on sale Saturday, Oct. 1, 2016 at 10am EST. Cost is $170 for a two-day ticket.
Only 900 tickets will be placed on sale and they sold out in less than 9 hours last year.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/181925724

EDIT: Here's a 2017 YouTube Playlist (courtesy of miel):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLKbU7H3GVFJpCRgt9wXgcZbQ6ogplMLM

29653569342_5722b7cce4.jpg

Last edited:
Myrath (Tunisia)
Mike Portnoy's Shattered Fortress (USA/TBA)

Dang, where's that jaw-dropping emoticon that we used to have? These will have to do. :headbang::headbang::headbang::kickass::kickass::kickass:

I really liked the Lords of Black clip - need to track that down. And I've heard glowing reviews of Teramaze, so need to find that one as well.

Sellout predictions? I'm thinking nine minutes instead of nine hours.

Dang, where's that jaw-dropping emoticon that we used to have?

The closest thing these days is :OMG:

I really liked the Lords of Black clip - need to track that down. And I've heard glowing reviews of Teramaze, so need to find that one as well.

Teramaze is... amazing! :) In fact I listened it on the plane on the way home as a mini-refresher! :headbang: :kickass:

Steve told me he really liked Lords of Black. Must do some research! :)

Sellout predictions? I'm thinking nine minutes instead of nine hours.

LOL! Maybe even less! :D

What's the deal with Shattered Fortress? Am I to assume we're getting Dream Theater songs?

The 12 step suite

Here's some more detail....
MIKE PORTNOY'S SHATTERED FORTRESS TO HEADLINE PROGPOWER USA 2017

"...Drum legend Mike Portnoy (The Winery Dogs, Flying Colors, ex-Dream Theater will headline the event under the moniker Mike Portnoy's Shattered Fortress, playing his "12 Step Suite". The music documents the musician's battle with alcoholism, and is an ensemble of five songs recorded by Dream Theater from 2002 to 2009, with titles that reflect his struggles: "The Glass Prison”, "This Dying Soul”, "The Root Of All Evil”, “Repentance" and "The Shattered Fortress”...."

ANGEL DUST. Holy curse words! So there. My jaw literally dropped when I heard the first cords of Bleed. The only other time it has done that was when Streets in it's entirety was announced.

I plan on this being my first ProgPower and this is looking very good so far...

have a question about Pain. Never really listened to them before and I listened to their newest one. Are they one of those bands that don't take themselves seriously? I was just wondering because some of those songs have lyrics that are about as compelling as Dream Evil or Steel Panther. Just wanted to know if irreverent was the tone they were known for or not.

It honestly varies from song to song, disc to disc. They can party their ass off or throw down a dark vibe. They are one of those bands that I just go along for the ride.

Pain has the potential to blow the roof off this place. Love their blend of metal and electronic music. Been following this band since Rebirth and hoping they'll play On and On or Supersonic Bitch (or both).

My heart skipped a beat or two when I heard Katatonia was announced. That's one bands I've always wanted to see, so much so that I nearly bought tickets to see their show in Bulgaria at Plovdiv where they are playing The Great Cold Distance with the symphony orchestra.

I know Glenn put together a playlist but these are my "go to" songs when I need a Katatonia fix.

Just finished my yearly spotify get-pumped-up-for-next-year playlist. It is the best remedy for those post prog power blues. I made it out of all the bands most recent setlists, and will be updating it frantically when I get new info/releases from bands. It should be pretty dang close to what you will hear at the fest.
If you like it, follow it so you'll get updated when it changes!

Reactions: zinescene
Next year's lineup is super killer. I'm not sure if going into it there are any acts that have me feeling the levels of jittery affection I had going into my last couple ProgPowers (Pain of Salvation doing Remedy Lane, Anathema/Riverside, Devin Townsend Project w/ Anneke), but there are definitely a solid 8 bands there that I am EXTREMELY excited for. I'm really rattled by all the bitching on social media about the lineup, to be honest...

I appreciate the kind words.

Gold Badges are sold-out
VIPs are sold-out.
There are only 900 tickets going on sale come Oct 1st. Portnoy brings in a new demographic I have never reached before. Those on the fence that delay may end up on the outside looking in.

Glenn

Reactions: Mardoch and Kez