Progpower V

ZHJ&T

Dec 7, 2002
www.zerohourweb.com
I'm sure everyone has seen this already but i'm just doing my part to spead the word!!!!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

March 1, 2004

CURRENT AND FORMER MEMBERS OF SAVATAGE "UNITE" TO HEADLINE PROGPOWER V

ATLANTA Current and former members of Savatage will unite for one night only to headline ProgPower V this September in Atlanta.

The festival, which will be held September 17 and 18 at Earthlink Live, will feature Jon Oliva, Zak Stevens, Chris Caffery, and Steve "Dr. Kill Drums" Wacholz performing a set from Savatage's entire discography in an exclusive performance. In addition to the full set, fans can expect a sneak preview of Jon Oliva's "Tage Mahal."

"I'm really excited about this show, said Stevens. The last time I did a full show with these guys was at the PopComm Festival in Germany 1999. I've been waiting for the right time for us to get together. That time has come and where better than the ProgPower festival?"

Added Jon Oliva: "We've been talking with Zak about doing a special show ever since he left Savatage, but it's really hard to get every one's schedules together for a rare event like this. It was nearly impossible this time around and it probably won't ever happen again, so we'll make this one special! We plan on playing several songs we rarely ever performed live...this should be good!

Germanys Edguy will return to Atlanta after an overwhelming response at 2002s ProgPower III. "ProgPower was our first big step in the USA as a band, said Edguy vocalist Tobias Sammet. Glenn (the promoter) had the balls to take the risk and build something over there to support the music we all love so much but was claimed DEAD in the USA not long ago. Well, for dead people, all the lovely fans there down in front of the stage looked pretty good."

ProgPower II veterans Kamelot will also make a return appearance at the festival. We are very pleased to be returning for ProgPower V, said Thomas Youngblood. ProgPower is the highest class of the US Festivals and gives many metal fans a chance to see the bands that do not get to tour the US. We are planning to play songs from our previous albums, as well as some new ones from the upcoming album that we are currently in production with. And there are always some nice surprises with our live shows.

Progressive metal icons Pain of Salvation will perform an exclusive set for ProgPower USA this year. The set list will be picked entirely by the fans via online voting. Details will be announced via the festival website in the coming weeks.

In ProgPower tradition, several European bands will make North American debuts - Denmarks Wuthering Heights, Germanys Dreamscape, and Frances Adagio with Germanys Brainstorm, Swedens Tad Morose, and Canadas Into Eternity rounding out the lineup.

Tickets will go on sale May 1 via all Ticketmaster outlets. Only 900 tickets will be made available to the public once again. Gold Badges (special patron tickets) are already sold-out.

Tickets for the 1,500-seat venue have sold out within two weeks for the past two shows.

"People keep asking me why I don't move to a bigger venue since the show sells out every year, said promoter Glenn Harveston. Well, the success of ProgPower USA is not based only on the roster and tickets sold, but the intimacy and atmosphere that I am able to create. It's what makes this show unique here in the States."

Sponsorship, CD sampler, and program advertising information is available at www.progpowerusa.com.

Glenn H.

What it comes down to is this really. Zero Hour needs to finish De-Evolution and to be honest i think the CD would be released in Jan. 2005. The Zero Hour CD will be done this summer around July or Aug. That is the first stage. We would then get a Dat to Ken and find a person we can agree on to do a great mastering job to the mix. Alot of the good mastering places usually have a 3 to 6 waiting list. So we would have to wait our turn. We would get the artwork on its way along with our PR people needing 3 months to promote the disc properly. So the problem is De-Evolution wouldn't even be out in time for Progpower. I know people would say ZH could do the event still but it's much better for the band, label and promoters of events for us to have a new release out. Plus if we were doing Progpower it would delay the release even further. I hope this answers some questions you have. Progpower has been great to us and we are very happy to be apart of Progpower 1 and 3. We also were apart of Progpower 3 (Europe) Zero Hour will be looking to play out early 2005 and it will be worth the wait.

YOU ALL RULE and please keep supporting Progpower, it's a great event.

Jasun/ZH

Looks very good for Troy and myself to make Progpower V. (Troy has his ticket, I need to get mine)

Havermout, we'll see you at Headway brotha!!!!

Jasun/ZH

Thanks for the info Jasun around the cd, as always it is good to hear how things are going, really looking forward to the cd (early 2005). Any chance of putting down a download clip of one of the tracks before the release.
Cheers
Spatch

Yes, I'd say once it's mastered we'll throw up a MP3 on the labels site and the ZH site.
Erik is working hard on his vocals and we will give Dino alot of time to make a excellent mix. We know we have to make this disc slam because of the great reviews we've received with Towers and Metamophosis. It will be our best yet.

Jasun/ZH

We'll just be hanging out at the event my brotha. We just want to enjoy the event and hangout with our friends at Progpower. I think Troy has his ticket already. When they go on sale I will pick a couple up for my g/f and myself.

Totally look forward to seeing everyone and we'll chat it up.

Jasun/ZH

I have been at the last three ProgPower fests, but this year, my brother and I have decided to pass due to he and I being in different places in the country. If Zero Hour would have been on the bill instead of some of the other 1-3 bands, I would have really tried to be there. I like Tad Morose and Edguy, and some of the Savatage stuff. My brother loves Pain Of Salvation. Most of the other bands just were not good enough to warrant the money output for the tickets, travel expenses, and hotel costs. If ZH are there next year, I would love to see them again if circumstances warrant.

ZHJ&T said:
Zero Hour needs to finish De-Evolution and to be honest i think the CD would be released in Jan. 2005.
January of 2005? Didn't "Towers" come out in May of 1973? 32 years between CDs must be some sort of recording industry record. No? Hmmm... I could have sworn I remember singing "Reflections" at my 6th Grade talent show. Well, maybe it just seems like I've been waiting that long for a follow-up.

Don't you guys have some sort a super powers, being twins and all? I would think you could use those powers to speed up the recording process? Maybe I'm thinking of different twins. Any how, let's hope the disc is done in time for you guys to perform at PPVI.

Zod

That was quite humorous GZod. The Wonder Twins... Hey, even super heroes aren't perfect. We all can't wait for the next Zero Hour. I can't even handle some of the day to day aspects of my life, let alone wait on a new album by different groups. Maybe, The best part of this new album will be the wait. IMO, let's just not have to wait so long for the next one. Go straight for the throat on this next one guys! Bring it quick, don't wait! give the people something to get into and hang onto. Rock on!

Thanks for the post 97reb, YOU RULE!!!!! All I can say is there is not much I can really do because it's in Erik's hands who getting through the material and his voice sounds great. We will be giving Dino plenty of time to mix "De-Evolution" and then it's the mastering stage. This CD is our best without a doubt to me and really feel you'll enjoy it very much. If I told you what has gone on with certain members in the band, you would understand why it has been taking so long. For the privacy of the band members we can't say. I hope eveyone understands and we already have the music worked out for the next disc, you will not have to wait that long for the next Zero Hour release.

I know it sucks to wait General Zod but we are working hard on bringing out an amazing CD for you all.

YOU ALL RULE and thanks for hanging in there with us.
Jasun/Zero Hour

I understand the need for your privacy guys and I'm sure some us have been thru some crap in our lives that may or may not be as bad, crazy, or wild. It is truly an odd world and sometimes it is hard to keep going, but with the help and support of family and friends, hopefully we maintain. Without support, no one stands alone for long. I support you guys as a fan and I hope all the members of the two bands are feeling the support they need . As always, Rock On!

ZHJ&T said:
If I told you what has gone on with certain members in the band, you would understand why it has been taking so long. For the privacy of the band members we can't say. I hope eveyone understands and we already have the music worked out for the next disc, you will not have to wait that long for the next Zero Hour release.

I know it sucks to wait General Zod but we are working hard on bringing out an amazing CD for you all.
Jasun,

I'm just having some fun with the delay. I'm quite sure you guys would love to put out a new disc every 12-18 months, but life doesn't always work out as we plan it. Best of luck, and I hope all is well with everyone in the band.

Zod

As of right now I think it will only be Troy and I who attend. First I need to get my ticket May 1st and I will be dialed.

YOU RULE and see you at ppv