Prolly shouldn't ask this one here, oh well...

Bryan316

METAL... nuff said!
Anyone familiar with the CAD line of percussion microphones? We're looking to get a matching pair of kick drum mics for Lars' set. I've seen the CAD KBM412 and it's probably similar to the kick drum mic we are using right now (just an older model, probably) and I can get it from Musician's Friend for $50. So a pair will be a Benjamin, and we'll not have to worry about going to a club and they don't have two kick drum mics for him.

No, we ain't sizing down the drumset. Fuckin pussies. One bass drum ain't METAL enough!

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about this mic? Know of a comparable mic that you think might be better?

And do you know of any cowbell mics?

cowbell.gif

I have a whole CAD mic set-up! Two of the bass drum mics and four tom mics. They seem two work great. Of course I never get to hear them much and not to many people in the crowd can tell me what I really need to know about how they sound--however--we did play a venue where the sound 'dude' used my mics instead of his just because he liked them so much and we played on a pretty decent p.a. last weekend and I must say I could feel the kicks from the 'riser'!! They are not the most expensive mics (which is good) but, I believe they work and sound rather well!! Hope this helps.

Kai-Guy said:
I have a whole CAD mic set-up! Two of the bass drum mics and four tom mics. They seem two work great. Of course I never get to hear them much and not to many people in the crowd can tell me what I really need to know about how they sound--however--we did play a venue where the sound 'dude' used my mics instead of his just because he liked them so much and we played on a pretty decent p.a. last weekend and I must say I could feel the kicks from the 'riser'!! They are not the most expensive mics (which is good) but, I believe they work and sound rather well!! Hope this helps.
What band are you in?

Are those kats from Silencer still gigging out?

Zilla

Kai-Guy said:

Exactly. We just need gigging mics. If I want recording quality stuff, we'll get into a studio that's gonna sound far quieter than a garage by a freeway. I mean, if they're good enough, then we'll use em for scrub tracks or demo stuff.

And I checked GC, and they haven't dealt CAD mics in a couple years. Only Musician's Friend seems to sell em, and they're $50 each. The guy at GC said if I can get a kick drum mic for $50, who cares if it's mediocre sounding. I'll never get bass drum mics that cheap! Prolly cuz they're clearancing them out or something...

Bryan316-- Good luck with the mic's. I think you'll like them!

Powerfreak: I'm in a band called "Slick Machine"-- We play classic rock and we do alot of 'biker' events--so I guess the 'biker band' title would fit here! I also have a 80's metal tribute band together which I dig alot more! If I have to play another fuckin' Skynard tune I'm gonna shit myself!!! ha!

As far as Silencer goes--I do believe they are still playing. I still see flyers up at some of c.d. shops in and around Denver--plus I see some of the guys at shows also--don't get to see them play as much as I would like. Do you know some of the guys?

I noticed that you are in Glendale, AZ. Were you at Grave Digger? My parents live in Chandler. Nice area--damn hot--but nice!