PRONG is back - woohoo!!!

i like the raw feel of the early stuff - it was angry as hell, but it wasn't as popular as "cleansing" or "prove you wrong" for that matter.

hey, i noticed you moderate for the watchtower board. i actually saw WT at the mabuhay gardens in the 80's... billy white was still in the band, but about to leave...

That's sweet. I wish I had seen them live. Unfortunately, I never even heard of them until about 2 years ago. I'm still trying to locate a copy of Energetic Disassembly; damn I want that CD bad. Anyway, which Prong CDs are you refering to, specifically? I didn't know there was stuff earlier than Peel Sessions.

From blabbermouth:

The current incarnation of PRONG—mainman Tommy Victor (guitar/vocals), Dan Laudo (drums), Rich Gonzalez (i.e. DIESEL MACHINE bassist, DEVILUTION—guitar) and Brian Perry (ex-JAKE E. LEE, LIZZY BORDEN, DIRTY LOOKS—bass)—are presently shopping a new three-song demo to interested labels while preparing to embark on the band's first national tour in several years, which is tentatively scheduled to kick off in early April and is likely to last for several weeks.

Described as a return to the “classic” PRONG sound that produced such acclaimed efforts as Beg To Differ (1990) and Prove You Wrong (1991), the new demo features the guitar work of HALFORD/DIESEL MACHINE axeman Patrick Lachman, who also co-wrote the track "Initiation" with Victor.

Among the cuts that are tentatively scheduled to appear on PRONG's upcoming as-yet-untitled comeback CD—due in late 2002 or early 2003 through an as-yet-undetermined label—are the following:

01. Entrance Of The Eclipse
02. Initiation (co-written by HALFORD's Patrick Lachman)
03. A Letter To A “Friend”
04. Assurances
05. Face To Face
06. True Vow of Commitment
07. Write Your Own Book
08. Immaterial Man

At the moment, only two dates for PRONG's upcoming US tour have been leaked—at Brick By Brick in San Diego, California on April 3rd, and at Double Door in Chicago, Illinois on May 4th. A full itinerary is expected to be announced next week.

HELL YEAH!!!! A new CD in the works; it's about damn time.

:lol: me recording artist with whores of babylon/soundisciples/noiselab got new metal covers band `dimebag does dallas` we do PRONG`S `snap your fingers` in our set, have just recorded a live covers album at my studio in bristol ,uk ( co owned by Geoff from PORTISHEAD ) check out my personal website network at www.soundisciples.co.uk for more details !

Attachments

• dimebag 150.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 2