PRS 7 STRING

Very nice man! I have a Schecter C7 on order, it was just delayed for another 2 weeks. I can't imagine waiting a year..... Can 't wait to hear it!

Biomech DINK!!!! said:
Ok you may think I'm a complete anal retard, but the reason I have 22 fret guitars is that I'm a bit of a tone freak, and I love using the neck pickup. And by having 22 frets, the neck pickup sits where the 24th fret would be, so it sits under the 24th fret harmonic which gives you that lovely blues/P90 sound to it.

Let the abuse begin :(

I have a Jackson CS Soloist 7 that's got 22, for the exact same reason. :headbang:

Very nice guitar, Chris. Hopefully you'll get back to the US and we can compare 7s...

Ok you may think I'm a complete anal retard, but the reason I have 22 fret guitars is that I'm a bit of a tone freak, and I love using the neck pickup. And by having 22 frets, the neck pickup sits where the 24th fret would be, so it sits under the 24th fret harmonic which gives you that lovely blues/P90 sound to it.

Let the abuse begin

I like the fact that you care about this kind of stuff, it's great! Otherwise, lovely guitar!

that looks like one amazing guitar. Please bring that into your lessons in Jan when you get back and we can shred with a warlock and that :headbang:.

Luke W

Let the abuse begin :(

Actually, I'm constantly thinking about my ultimate guitar that I'll eventually have custom-made when I'm finished saving up: A BC Rich Ironbird, string-through body, grover tuners, neck-through. I'm still undecided on the type of wood and pickups to put on, though I know I want passive pickups and I'd like to select the wood myself (the closer together the lines in the wood, the clearer the sound). I would like the neck pick up to have what I call a somewhat thick and full sound - a humbucker that will sound as good as Chris deGarmo and Michael Wilton's lead sound - and have a very rich quality to my clean tone. I'm not much of a lead-player but I still play them hear and there. I can definitely live without the tremolo bar and given the change in tone that having the neck pickup on the 24th harmonic would have, then I can live without 24 frets, as well.

This is what an Ironbird looks like:

NJ_Ironbird.jpg

I'll eventually have the same qualities of the custom Ironbird in a custom Ignitor so it can be its 7-string counterpart:

CSG0890.jpg

PRS advert features Chris Webb + New 7 string
Biomechanical's Chris Webb has secured a sponsorship with his favorite guitar manufacturer PRS. Chris is featured @ the Guitarist and Total Guitar magazine with alongside top metal and rock guitarists that are also supported by PRS

PRS_Guitar.jpg

PRS has delivered also a custom built 7 string , and it is only the 3rd 7 string PRS, they have ever built!

002_2A.jpg

Chris requested this PRS 7 string to feature a fixed bridge with through body stringing, and 7 String EMG pickups. This is the first ever PRS 7 string with these specifications.

Guitar Pic:kickass:

Man, thats brutal.

[/nathan explosion]

Thats a nice axe, Loving the Black finish and EMGs. I'm looking into a fixed bridge 7 too, I have an RG1527, but retuning the edge pro is a serious pain. As much as I love it, I could do with an axe I can easily retune aswell.