PRYMARY news....

Wherewolf

New Metal Member
Nov 28, 2008
...Prog Rock records is releasing the new cd soon, BUT, you can buy it in lossless quality (flac) on mindawn now! The samples sounded amazing!
www.mindawn.com

HELLOOO! This is an amazing piece of prog metal! as 2009 is almost over this one makes top 5 EASILY!

Because Mindawn is run by Shawn Gordon who runs Prog Rock Records. Don't forget to get your copy of Deathanity while shopping with PRR! ;-)

I'll be curious to how they sound with a different singer. Their old singer was awesome and is one hell of a cool guy!

Hey guys! Thanks for the interest. Here is the official press release which contains ordering info and links to hear samples. Hope you guys enjoy what you hear.

Chris from Prymary

Prymary to release "The Enemy Inside" on November 17th, 2009

prymary_1.jpg

Hey Everyone.

We finally have the new album in the can and are ready to announce that the new Prymary album entitled "The Enemy Inside" will be released through ProgRock records on November 17th. We are taking pre-orders now or you can download it through Mindawn.

More information, ordering and audio samples can be found at http://www.progrockrecords.com/shop/view.php?id=205.
A $2 discount applies on pre-sales until it starts shipping in early October 2009. The previous release "The Tragedy of Innocence" is also discounted to $13.95 during this time at http://www.progrockrecords.com/shop/view.php?id=100. The album is already available as a digital download at Mindawn http://www.mindawn.com/albums/6014.

"The Enemy Inside" is the long awaited 3rd album from Prymary. This time around shows Prymary transcending their past achievements and creating a collage of stories that are independent and yet united in the themes of self-destruction and dreams unfulfilled. Musically the band shows a further refinement of songwriting and musicianship with songs that are more concise in musical statement, while still having the grand arrangements that Prymary is known for. As is becoming a Prymary trademark, the band has once again given special attention to combining music and lyrics together to convey the mood or feel of the song. This is simultaneously the heaviest, technical, most prog, and emotional Prymary album to date.

PRYMARY is a melodic progressive rock/metal band from Southern California and consists of Jackson Heskett (Vocals), Sean Entrikin (Guitars), Rob Young (Bass), Neil McQueen (Keyboards), and Chris Quirarte (Drums) . The band debuted on the scene in 2003 with its self-titled album and opened for bands such as Fates Warning, Kamelot, and King's X. 2003 also marked the first out of state performance at the renowned ProgPower Pre-Party Festival in Atlanta, Georgia. In 2005, the band travel to Amsterdam, Holland for their first European performance at the Headway Festival. Prymary signed to ProgRock Records in 2006 and released the sophomore concept album, "The Tragedy of Innocence" to rave reviews. The band played live extensively before setting about the task of writing a new album. Entitled "The Enemy Inside", the album is a further refinement of the bands sound, mixing the more adventurous playing with an emphasis on strong, more concise musical statements. 2009 is the year of rebirth for Prymary as the band unveils a new line-up and looks to new sounds to explore.

Prymary
Jackson Haskett - Vocals
Sean Entrikin - Guitar
Chris Quirarte - Drums
Neil McQueen - Keyboards
Rob Young - Bass

The samples are short, but what I can hear is good. Didn't even know something was going out, but now it's highly anticipated.

Chris - Thanks for the update! I have been awaiting this news for quite some time. Tragedy of Innocence was a great CD. Since this one tops it, I am going to be busy listening to a lot of Prymary at the end of November!

Cool!!!! It seems the comments on the samples so far have been positive. More to follow. Between this and the new Redemption album this should be a good year for me.:kickass:

Cool!!!! It seems the comments on the samples so far have been positive. More to follow. Between this and the new Redemption album this should be a good year for me.:kickass:

***The new cd KICKS TOTAL ASS..WOW, I am stunned, however not surprised as your last 2 have been great as well. This new cd is definately true prog metal in every sense of the word! GREAT WORK!:worship:

So far, the only bad thing about this release is the fact that now I have to choose between "The Enemy Inside" and "Snowfall On Judgement Day" for best cd of the year. All whining aside, this is an absolutely incredible album and it shows the kind of potential that Prymary has and hopefully shows a glimpse into what is coming in the future. Excellent job from all y'all!

Hey guys,

Since you guys expressed interest in the new Prymary stuff here is a new teaser promo video for the new album. Hope you guys like it.

Thanks
Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this helped or made it worse! LOL! I'm not a download kind of guy so now I'm more impatient. Can't Nov 17th be tomorrow?

I don't know if this helped or made it worse! LOL! I'm not a download kind of guy so now I'm more impatient. Can't Nov 17th be tomorrow?

* well..New York had some snow, so sure man, it feels like Nov.. As far as the download...It is only 8 bucks and it's flac, so it is cd quality until the release date! It's an amazing cd!!!!! just do it! hehe!

To those that haven't heard Prymary before, definitely logon and check on the song on My Space. I just got done listening to the CD for the seventh time tonight. It kicks ass!!! I thought it would be tough to top Tragedy of Innocence, but The Enemy Inside may have done it!