PSA for Chicago folks

OrbWeaver

BECAUSE FALCONER
Jan 15, 2007
Illinois, USA
www.myspace.com
Glenn, if this isn't allowed, go ahead and delete it. However, I feel this is a necessary heads' up. And I know there are a lot of Chicago people that post here.

ATTN: those of you that live in the Chicago area, and who like to go to Exit

Keep a VERY close eye on your drinks and do NOT accept ANY drink from a stranger. Recently one of my friends was drugged by a guy who has been visiting Exit, trying to drug women who are at the bar. Thankfully, she had friends with her who were able to get her safely back home.

Once again, DO NOT ACCEPT DRINKS FROM STRANGERS. Watch the bartender make your drink, accept your drink ONLY from the bartender, and keep an eye on your drink at all times!

Staff at Exit have this guy's description, and hopefully the authorities have been notified. In the mean time, stay alert.

Even if there wasn't a recent spate of skeezy behavior, it's just a good idea to watch your drink at all times anyway.

Yeah...scary.
That happened to me at the Double Door. Thankfully I was staying at a friend's place in the city and were taking cabs everywhere. But I knew something wasn't right, after only two beers. I'm not that much of a lightweight!
But yeah...that kind of thing can happen anywhere....not just shady bars where there is more DNA in the bathroom than in a CSI crimelab. Ha Ha!

Once again, DO NOT ACCEPT DRINKS FROM STRANGERS. Watch the bartender make your drink, accept your drink ONLY from the bartender, and keep an eye on your drink at all times!

Hate to say it, but becareful of the bartenders to. I once was at a show, had 3 friends on either side of me(people I had known for about 7 or more years). Ordered my second beer, turned around to hug someone. I took a couple sips of my beer and then was "gone" for a few hours. So yes, even the bartender can drug you.

-MetalRose

Heck, I put my drink down at Progpower last year and walked away for less than 30 seconds without thinking, came back and decided to chuck the whole thing to be safe. So yah, always keep your eyes on your drinks no matter where you are.

Heck, I put my drink down at Progpower last year and walked away for less than 30 seconds without thinking, came back and decided to chuck the whole thing to be safe. So yah, always keep your eyes on your drinks no matter where you are.

I'll watch it for you next time. I promise I won't put anything in it, but I can't promise that I won't spill it down my mouth.

-Metal

Yep, you should always keep your drink with you. I've had this happen to me twice, luckily I was with friends, incl. the bartender I worked with who figured out what must have happened (and was kind enough to let me stay with him the second time). Apparently, I am allergic to whatever it was. :p I compared the lists of who bought me drinks both times, and I never accepted another drink from that guy, who was actually one of our customers, and I never have had another issue.

Right before I went away to college, coasters that said "WATCH YOUR DRINK!!!" mysteriously appeared all over the house. They looked pretty old, too. My dad must have picked them up as soon as I was born and saved them until such a time as his only daughter went off to college. :lol:

Scary story indeed.
I haven't been to the EXIT in probably almost 9 years.
Actually, last time I was there was for part of my bachelor party. Well, at least my friends TELL me I was there.

Not much more needs to be said.
Don't leave your drink unattended.
Don't accept a drink from anyone.
Watch your bartender as he handles your order.
Don't respond to someone you just met when they say, "I'll get this round"

The girls (including the one who was drugged) did go back to Exit and talk to the staff there. They gave the staff a description of the man, which I believe the staff gave to the authorities. So hopefully that creep won't be seen around anymore.

I hate that there are people who do stuff like that. Good warning not just for people at this Exit place but at any club, bar, or party in general where there are a lot of people (even if you know most of them).