Psalm of lydia

The explanation behind the song, is what you make of it.
I do not know what it is about either, but i do have my own thoughts about it.

For me "Lydia" is not only a name or person but also a linguistic anagram for "Ideal".
She lets demons fade, slays them all!
Lydia is capable of turning her back to the black. After a fight, not by running away.
Not only in the song, the artwork of the cover shows this scene, too.
On the edge between life and death, black and white, positive and negative.
Ambivalence excists when there are different perspectives to see.
An ideal comes from such a place, Lydia ís in that place.
I.M.O. the most 'ideal' situation, it brings new perspectives and makes a person grow/learn,
when one interacts to the changing tides.
Lydia chose to fight and beat the 'demons' that surround such places.
The 'black unknown' gets a bit smaller that way, the 'absurdity of man' a bit more unveiled
and 'the allseeing worm' a bit more discovered.
A learning process 'if you view life as a mission', but that's another song ...
Lydia chooses to live and therefor, 'has so much more to see.'

There's much more going in on in the song, but this is what i get from it.
You could also try to empath with the way it has been written or sung to you, it's about a dream and he's telling you about it. Just try to find different aspects in the song then just the lyrics on itself and discover your own interpretations between the lines.
The intention behind the intonation of the words might reveal more to you, than just the lyrics.

Anyway, good luck on your review, you chose a tough song.
(not that there is an easier song to pick, all Nevermore songs are poetic riddles. :zombie:)

674.jpg

Wow, that's....insanely insightful. :worship:

The only thing I could add is that Psalm of Lydia seems to be a continuation of the themes from Dreaming Neon Black, as I believe Iris hinted at when she mentioned that the song is telling us about a dream. Especially:

"In velvet sleep I lived the past again."

Wow, that's....insanely insightful. :worship:
The only thing I could add is that Psalm of Lydia seems to be a continuation of the themes from Dreaming Neon Black, as I believe Iris hinted at when she mentioned that the song is telling us about a dream. Especially:

"In velvet sleep I lived the past again."

That what has to be learned, shall repeat itself.
The circle never ends ...

It's good that everyone has his own frame of reference,
because that phrase reminds me more of Politics of Ecstacy, than dreaming neon Black.

I think it's about the Dead Heart girl. Why Lydia? I think there is a connection with Vergilius's Lydia (in English Vergil or Virgil).
Warrel, am I close?

Thanks, especially Iris for the help.
One question i still have : what is the background of psalm of Lydia , i mean is there somewhere a psalm of Lydia in some religion or something like that ?

"When I blacked out in the winter months of Capricorn
I had a strange dream that I lived a thousand winter’s gone"
reading the second line, makes me think of well... a thousand winter's gone... which made me think.. History, the country of Lydia. the first people to introduce the use of coins.
but i'm sure that maybe i'm just being to literal when seeing the world "Lydia", so it's w/e.

I'm not necessarily saying I can do better although I'm certainly going to try when I record. But come on Russell, you can't throw that let's see you do better argument every time someone dislikes something.

TGE (the song) is the best thing they've done since the closing note of No More Will!

+1

Some people will crucify me for saying this but I believe This Godless Endeavor is their best album they have done so far. From an unbiased standpoint, you got to admit it is one of their best. I know many of you like Politics of Ecstasy but I believe TGE, pound-for-pound, is simply amazing.