Psycroptic Drummer

2 DVD's. a live one filmed recently on Lord Worms First tour back with the band. and a Flo Mournier Instructional Drum video with some live video on it

J Mann said:
And to note about triggers, they don't increase how fast a bass hit goes for example, it just makes every hit sound even no matter how hard its touched. This just makes everything sound more even and consistent but not faster.

True, but you could program the triggers to make the snare sound like 3 or 4 really fucking fast consecutive snare hits, effectively quadrupling the speed. If you did this with the snare, bass and hats/ride then he wouldn't have to drum very fast at all.

carmine said:
all drummers are crasy !!!!!
I'm one of them ....

Haha....real funny, I don't know about your playing so don't take it personnally but not all the drummers are crazy. Let's take for example........I don't know......Papa Roach drummer?!?!?! hahaha.....I am probably as good as he....so......You know what I mean

carmine said:
You know Papa Roach drummer?

I don't know him "personnaly" if that's what you meant.... but I don't think that's an absolute necessity if you wanna hear his drumming. You only have to listen to some Papa Roach songs....and it is definitly not so awesome if you know what I mean.... Of course you can think that maybe he is better than what he does with Papa Roach.......but...... there's not much chance. And if you think this dude is good after listening carefully to what he plays...well..... that's your problem

I must say that i think triggers generally sound pretty lame. Nothing has sounded more lame to me than Nick Barkers drums the last few times ive seen him live. There is no human element to that sound. The drummer from Mithras is too out of control. Speed is only part of the whole picture. All people seem to care about is speed lately. If you want fast WITH technique Proscriptor's playing on the last Melechesh album is mind blowing. Inferno's work with Behemoth is pretty great too. Playing fast does not mean you're amazing.

Jaar-Gilon said:
there are a lot of people who's abilities far outway their music

I have to agree, but this really makes me sad....cause in my point of view, I wouldn't play in any band in which I could not show my abilities.

Dave i the real deal!!!

Ihave seen Psycroptic about 20 times nearly. I filmed em once and got right behind Dave while he was drumming hes fucking amazing to say the least!!!

Also check out his other bands hes also duumming for THE AMENTA (industrial black/death) and RUINS (old school black) Both outstanding performances on these releases too...

Darren Cesca from goratory is another fucking apeshit drummer, on their website they have footage of him playing the song Anally Injected Death Sperm (A.I.D.S.). Its fucking awesome :headbang:

Not only Tomas Corn is amazing (Lykathea Aflame's drummer) , but he dosen't show off too much and his performance relly suits the compositions . The filling during To give is just wow.
Best performance ever?

Dev said:
Not only Tomas Corn is amazing (Lykathea Aflame's drummer) , but he dosen't show off too much and his performance relly suits the compositions . The filling during To give is just wow.
Best performance ever?

Best metal drummer ever, this man speaks the truth.