Pt Guys: Apple magic mouse

Dalinkwent48@aim.com

Be Creative, Get Laid
Apr 7, 2009
Jersey
The mighty mouse trackball is always messin up and im tired of having to clean it.(for everyone who doesnt mind though rubbing alcohol and a q-tip is a great way to do it).Plus its draining my batteries pretty quick, ive cleaned all the contacts and done what i could but its time to move on... Contradiciting statments aside...How does it function in pt? with all the touch features on it do you guys notice yourselves making unwanted scrolling moves? Is it worth getting or should I just go and buy another magic mouse?

I'm pretty sure James said he uses one in a previous thread... I want to get one as soon as my local Apple Store gets them back in stock

I just got one a few weeks ago and I'm loving it so far. I was using a trackball before without a scroll wheel and this is a huge improvement. On occasion I will find it being a little sensitive to scroll motions in PT and scrolling all the way to the end or beginning of a session, but I really think it's just a matter of getting used to.

Well I don't have PT but I do use the magic mouse.
Unfortunately the track speed is too slow on some systems. I've done a lot of research and it seems that it just doesn't behave like it should with certain computer models or operating systems.
I have found a temporary fix for it. (MZoom)

Anyways with Mzoom to help bring up the tracking speed it's now very usable in Logic for me.
I really really like being able to side scroll. Saves me tons of time.
Overall it's pretty comfy as well.

It's quite nice when you get used to it. The scrolling isn't perfect for DAW use though, doesn't feel very precise. It might be personal preference but I'd probably like a decent mouse with a 360 scrolling ball more. Not a Mighty Mouse, though, they're horrible.

It sounds like its tolerable though? And you don't find yourself scrolling shit by accident do you?

I hate the magic mouse. It looks and feels like a piece of soap. It's way to low and your hand ends ups looking like a gnarled up chooks claw.:yuk:

I hate the magic mouse. It looks and feels like a piece of soap. It's way to low and your hand ends ups looking like a gnarled up chooks claw.:yuk:

bc how your hand looks is in the end the most important thing when owning a mouse......hahaha j/k

I just bought mine only to find out my $2800 Mac Pro doesn't have fucking Bluetooth. My goddamn iPhone has Bluetooth and my Mac Pro doesn't? Fuck Apple, you cheap bastards.

I just bought mine only to find out my $2800 Mac Pro doesn't have fucking Bluetooth. My goddamn iPhone has Bluetooth and my Mac Pro doesn't? Fuck Apple, you cheap bastards.

Um, yes it does. What makes you think it doesn't?

yeh dude where are you getting that it doesnt have bluetooth....i have the basic 13inch white macbook and i have bluetooth