Anyone get a Magic Mouse yet?

AdamWathan

Apr 12, 2002
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Thinking about grabbing one and a wireless keyboard just to free up USB ports on my Macbook Pro, how is everyone finding that mouse? Looks pretty slick but I'm wondering if the wireless Mighty Mouse might be a better option as far as responsiveness and comfort goes. New technology like the Magic Mouse makes me nervous at first, the solid trackball on the Mighty Mouse seems like it would be more stable/reliable but I do love how the trackpad works on the MacBook and the Magic Mouse seems to take after that...

I googled it, looked really gay. Kinda like this, but without any buttons:

ipiano_small.jpg

never used the magic mouse but i think I would kill myself trying to run a session with a mighty mouse...that stupid grey ball is absolutely awful.
kensington expert mouse FTW

Magic mouse is actually pretty cool.

The scrolling is really nice. The only thing I dislike is the "swipe" gesture while in Safari to go to the previous or next page. It just feels kind of awkward. Aside from that, it is a lot better than the Mighty Mouse. I freaking hated that mouse.

i think I would kill myself trying to run a session with a mighty mouse...that stupid grey ball is absolutely awful.

It's really useless to bash things without at least trying to get used to them first... My MM works a fuckload better than the Logitech V470 I had, and really the only thing wrong about the trackball is that it is bound to get all kinds of shit around it inside the mouse so it can't even be cleaned anymore, disabling the trackball completely.

That's why I'm going to sell my MM soon, to get a Magic Mouse, or a Logitech more expensive than the V470.

It's really useless to bash things without at least trying to get used to them first... My MM works a fuckload better than the Logitech V470 I had, and really the only thing wrong about the trackball is that it is bound to get all kinds of shit around it inside the mouse so it can't even be cleaned anymore, disabling the trackball completely.

That's why I'm going to sell my MM soon, to get a Magic Mouse, or a Logitech more expensive than the V470.

rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip cleans it right up