27" iMac / Magic Mouse.

you don't have to completely disable spotlight, I do find it to be very useful, you just want it to ignore your external drives.

System Preferences/Spotlight/privacy
click the + button and choose the external drive.

Another thought:
System Preferences/Energy Saver
Uncheck "Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible

For picture editing and stuff, you MUST try http://skitch.com IMO it's 100% win

Damn!!!!!!!

If the 27" has a e-sata port I would totaly screw all wet dreams about a pro....damn!!!!!

Daisy chaining never worked for me, so....

Also I want to upgrade to a rme fireface 800 (fire 800 connection)
so n daisy chain would work because the interface itself needs the 800mbit/s

Screw you fucking sd-slot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

For deactivating Time Machine:
click system preferences -> time machine. And turn the big switch off :loco:

and the photo thing: open the picture, click "tools", click "adjust size" then either fill in the wanted resolution or click on "fin into" and select one of those.

if you want to cut out a part of a picture, just drag the part with your mouse, then "command -> C", then click on "file" and "new from clipboard".

turn off spotlight (didn't try that): http://osxdaily.com/2009/09/20/disable-spotlight-in-mac-os-x-10-6-snow-leopard/

you don't have to completely disable spotlight, I do find it to be very useful, you just want it to ignore your external drives.

System Preferences/Spotlight/privacy
click the + button and choose the external drive.

Another thought:
System Preferences/Energy Saver
Uncheck "Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible

For picture editing and stuff, you MUST try http://skitch.com IMO it's 100% win

Cheers guys, will try this. That hard disk going to sleep thing sounds like a good call, I have noticed sometimes after not using it for a few minutes it seems like it is booting up from scratch and is all caught off guard when I hit record :erk:

Arggg stop it Apple. :lol: Now I want another computer. :erk:

The mouse does look cool. Wonder how it feels to work with.

…you think thats bad, i have to work with these machines, day in and out (in an office capacity, not studio) and then go home to my piece of shit toshiba running vista like a fat woman running to a salad bar...

Daisy chaining never worked for me, so....
You're pretty much the only one with problems. Using inferior drives perhaps?
My buddy Joe Gilder (www.homestudiocorner.com) uses a 003 console, and 3 drives from a single FW 400 port on a white MacBook. No problems.

Also I want to upgrade to a rme fireface 800 (fire 800 connection)
so n daisy chain would work because the interface itself needs the 800mbit/s

You sure the Fireface 800 NEEDS the 800 connection? They also have FW400 ports and AFAIK it runs at the same spec with either connection.

Not to be a dick, but daisy chaining DOES work, when YOU don't do it wrong.

Didnt work with my mackie onyx 1640 but could also be the mackie problem...

But having the e-sata speed you never wanna go back:)

I thought the firewire 400 connections on the Fireface 800 ware only there because of daisy chaining.

This baby has so many inputs I realy cant believe it could be handled by one 400 firewire input.
But on the other hand the M-audio 2626 can do it and the focusrite liquid 56 also.....

but you gave good tips about daisy chaining

thanks Audiogeek ;)

…you think thats bad, i have to work with these machines, day in and out (in an office capacity, not studio) and then go home to my piece of shit toshiba running vista like a fat woman running to a salad bar...

simpsons_nelson_haha2-300x279.jpg

That must really suck dude.

That must really suck dude.

You have no idea… i don't use that for recording though, i have a trusty Dell running Pro-Tools 7.4 LE on windows XP for now… its safer than Vista, was no way i was gonna let vista near it

Whoohoo, my small loan application went through, so I'm ordering a 27" i5 iMac on friday if all goes well! :)

I'm hoping to go for one of these loans, a little something to help me purchase a Mac and to help balance my finances a little (especially with xmas around the corner

I'm setting this thing up as we speak, and so far everything has worked without a glitch. Migrating my e-mail accounts, setting up a network to transfer shit from my old PC, installing Profire 2626 and ProTools 8, authorising plugins... This shit has never felt easier. It's ridiculous.

Actually, I did start taking pics when unopacking it, just in case the screen was shattered (as has been the case with many, many UPS-delivered iMacs lately), but as soon as I saw my baby was ok I went completely apeshit about getting it up and running and couldn't care less about taking pics :lol: