27" iMac / Magic Mouse.

jhrv

Mar 27, 2007
"Apple unveiled a new 27” iMac, a new Magic Mouse with a Multi-Touch Surface, and an updated MacBook with a cool Polycarbonate UniBody Design. Per the Apple Website:

imacs.jpg

27“ iMac - “Apple today unveiled an all new iMac line featuring brilliant LED-backlit 21.5 and 27-inch widescreen displays in a new edge-to-edge glass design and seamless all aluminum enclosure. The new iMac line, starting at $1,199, is the fastest ever with Intel Core 2 Duo processors starting at 3.06 GHz, and Core i5 and i7 quad-core processors for up to twice the performance. Every new iMac ships with a wireless keyboard and the all new wireless Magic Mouse, the world’s first mouse with Multi-Touch technology.”

magic_mouse.jpg

Magic Mouse - “Today Apple introduced the new wireless Magic Mouse, the first mouse to use Apple’s revolutionary Multi-Touch technology. Pioneered on iPhone, iPod touch and Mac notebook trackpads, Multi-Touch allows customers to navigate using intuitive finger gestures. Instead of mechanical buttons, scroll wheels or scroll balls, the entire top of the Magic Mouse is a seamless Multi-Touch surface. Magic Mouse comes standard with the new iMac and will be available as a Mac accessory at just $69.”

Updated MacBook - “Apple today updated its popular MacBook with a new, durable polycarbonate unibody design featuring a brilliant LED-backlit display, a glass Multi-Touch trackpad and Apple’s innovative built-in battery for up to seven hours of battery life. Inheriting technology and design features from the MacBook Pro line, the new MacBook is an ideal consumer notebook for students and new Mac users, and is available for $999.“

Source: David Hayden

The mouse looks awesome!.

mmmmm
off to the apple store to check em out.
ps new macbooks too.
guess what... NO FUCKING FIREWIRE AAAGHHHHH
new mac mini looks good too!

I need that mouse, hate the Logitech V470 I'm using now. I think I'll order it together with Snow Leopard as soon as I have money.

I also have a V470, don't really like it either. Just bought a used wired Mighty Mouse :mad:

Guess I'll have to get that new mouse eventually, looks great. Right now, I'm just waiting for the trackball to stop working so I'll have an excuse...:lol: Or, I could just sell them both so I'll save some when I'll get that new mouse.

why are they dropping firewire? i do not understand this. i know that apple did this with the unibody macbooks, but i never heard the reasoning.

Probably the licensing costs of firewire. It's only the cheapest models that don't have it. The cheapest models are probably aimed at people who don't really need firewire, so they can drop it to get a lower price for them.

I think it's because they want people to get a MBP if they need the FireWire - if you think about it, a regular user doesn't really need a FireWire port, unless he/she wants to use an external HD with a FW connection. Most people don't really seem to know/care about FW anyway.

I'm glad my MacBook has FW. It was a bargain compared to a MacBook Pro with similar specs, and imo MacBooks have gone downhill since the model I purchased.

firewire seems to be for the pro line of things by the looks of the way apple are doing it.

new mouse is good, but i miss those side buttons for switching between programs, i use those ALL THE TIME.

scrolling needs to be changed to linear as well IMO. nice having the right click option too. I'll probably pick one up next week when the shop has some in stock. 27" screen is unreal, really makes me want to go bigger.

MacBook Pros have Firewire now. I am typing this on a 13" MacBook Pro with Firewire. The new iMacs have Firewire also, and of course the Mac Pro line has Firewire. If you guys are looking for a well priced laptop with great specs, get a 13" MacBook Pro - it's the best deal in the Apple lineup, I'm constantly amazed at the speed and power of it.

Apple is clearly wanting to gear the regular MacBook line squarely at students, n00bs, hipsters, etc., and that white gloss plastic is truly vomit inducing.

The new 27" iMac is the first iMac that's spec'd appropriately for production work. I still wish Apple would release a mid-price tower, though...

seen them today - CNET reviews says the mouse is very uncomfortable because its so low and flat and swiping side to side is difficult often resulting in the mouse slipping away, the iMac's look savage and the LED screens work great - no blue ray though, but they have added a sd slot beside the dvd burner which is a +

Licensing shouldn't be the problem: FireWire was invented by Apple.

Oh damn, you're right :lol:

scrolling needs to be changed to linear as well IMO. nice having the right click option too. I'll probably pick one up next week when the shop has some in stock. 27" screen is unreal, really makes me want to go bigger.

Been using a 26" LG W2600HP-PF since this spring with my Macbook Pro. It really makes a difference.